Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Restoring old settings
aaronND2000

posted on 12-31-2003 at 08:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Restoring old settings

I recently had my hard drive crash and had to install a new copy of EJ. I did however manage to save a bunch of files out of the old EJ directory. Is there a way to use some of my old files to replace the ones in the new downloaded one to restore my database and album images and if so, what files do i use? Or will this simply screw up the new version because the reg codes are different?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-1-2004 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can get all the album images back by copying over the ejuke.asn file to the new installation. Also copy ejukebox.ini if you wish your settings to be restored.

After you do that start eJukebox and Re-Build your database. All the album images should be restored for your mp3 files.

If you don't do this your album images will still be restored - the album images will not need to be looked up again because the image location is stored in each mp3 file. However, the images will still need to be re-downloaded by eJukebox. If you copy ejuke.asn from an old installation and re-build eJukebox will not need to redownload them because the images themselves are already in that file.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aaronND2000

posted on 1-1-2004 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks!

By the time i re-opened EJ and was getting ready to copy the files over, it had restored all of my images. I must say, i was very impressed and relieved that it was so simple.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats