Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Compilation disk?
IBMuser

posted on 12-23-2003 at 08:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Compilation disk?

I have several compilation disks (i.e. several artists performing songs on a single cd), but when I click "Add Album to Playlist" only songs from the first artist are added. I must edit one of the songs in the album manually (right click from eJukebox) and select "Compilation" before all the songs are linked together and added correctly to playlist.

This happens even though I've selected "Compilation disk" in my ripper (I use Audiograbber).

When I examine mp3 files later with Tag & Rename, I can see no difference whether they are compilation or not, because there is no field for it.

So my question is this: what does "compilation disk" actually means? Do I really have to edit songs manually in eJukebox or should my ripper take care of that?

And finally: Merry Christmas to all users and to Audiosoft team members!
Demnos

posted on 12-29-2003 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Indeed, the ID3 standard unfortunately does not include such a field. This is exactly the reason why eJukebox cannot get the information from your "Ripper" if a disk is a compilation or not. So you must tell eJukebox separately.
Quote:

When I examine mp3 files later with Tag & Rename, I can see no difference whether they are compilation or not, because there is no field for it.
eJukebox uses a hidden field. Tag&Rename does not have the ability to show hidden fields, but it is definitely there (called "asncomp";).
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats