Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Missing album covers in Album List
aaronND2000

posted on 12-19-2003 at 01:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Missing album covers in Album List

I had bad copies of Jay-Z's Unplugged album. Recently I bought the CD and tonight I was replacing my old files with ones right off the CD. First, I went into EJ and deleted the old files from the computer and database. Next, I ripped the CD (into the same location where the old ones were). Finally, I used EJ's option to "Add new songs to the database." I selected the directory where the new files were stored. EJ would not find any files to add. After several attempts, I selected the files manually through winamp and forced EJ to read them. It then added each file one-at-a-time and found the correct album cover. However, even after refreshing the album list and attempting to shut the program down and re-start, EJ will display the album when I select the artist, but the album will not show up in the Album List.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-19-2003 at 06:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is occuring because eJukebox remembers what songs you deleted and will not re-add them to the database, unless you Re-Build.

There is a way to get around this:
All you had to do was put the new files in different folder (or just rename the album's folder by 1 character). eJukebox will add songs during an "add new songs database update" if the file location is new and the file path has never been in the database before.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spazz

posted on 12-19-2003 at 08:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since the filenames would theoretically be the same wouldn't it work to just copy the new ones over the old? The Database should never realize they were gone.

Of course if it just has a hatred of Jay-Z and is being onery I wouldn't blame it. ;)

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
aaronND2000

posted on 12-19-2003 at 05:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, given my horrible experience with the re-build (took me three days to fix everything) I would like to use any other method possible to work with my files. It's not that big of a deal to rename the directory, but it will be inconsistent with the rest of my music, as I save everything under the artist and album name. Is there any reason why after using the option to delete files off the computer and database you cannot add the same path at a later point? I mean, if you slesct the option to delete the file as well, it's not like the old files would accidently be added again later, since they are physically gone.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-19-2003 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I mean, if you slesct the option to delete the file as well, it's not like the old files would accidently be added again later, since they are physically gone.

Very good point...We will work on correcting this for the next version. So that if you delete the actual files using eJukebox it will be able to add the same filepaths back during an "add new songs" update.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aaronND2000

posted on 12-20-2003 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats