Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Additional scripting
fooo

posted on 12-17-2003 at 07:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Additional scripting

I'd like to be able to have the program run a script before a song starts or after a song ends. It would pass the correct information to the script. The call would be blocking so that the song wouldn't play till the script exited. THis way the control of the flow of the music could be in the hands of the script writer.

The current scripting support of calling a CGI script is barely adequate - some weird tricks need to be played in certain cases, such as setting a massive rampup time in winamp so that you don't hear the music and then pausing winamp, doing an action, and then unpausing winamp.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-17-2003 at 07:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe we can add better scripting support but first we need to know exactly what you need this for.

What is your script going to do and why do you need it to do it?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fooo

posted on 12-18-2003 at 04:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Im doing it for the functionality like the voice announcer provides. I want to do something before the song starts - I don't want to interrupt the song or play over the top of it. I'm using the CGI method right now but it has problems, such as being at least a second delayed to go through everything, the song has already started, and its even much longer if the album cover hasn't been retrieved yet (which makes some sense for the web to display the album cover).

That my particular use. I was trying to think of other obvious uses, but right now I can't.:)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats