Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Jukebox mode questions
fooo

posted on 12-12-2003 at 03:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jukebox mode questions

I just wrote a nice big missage and lost it all due to not registering. I love it when that happens!

On to my real questions. I'm just starting to play with the software but my goal is to be able to use it for a reception as the music source, and then to use it for my personal computer after that. So:

1> I want to use the software on a laptop for the event, and then have it on my personal PC after that. Are there any wacky license issues I have to deal with to move the software?

2> The reception will not have internet access, is that a problem?

3> I noticed there is some customizability in that I should be able to run a script before each song is chosen, instead of using the built-in announcer. In what way does this work -- will it run the script, wait till it finishes, and then play the song? Or will it start both events at the same time? I want to be able to do specific things based on the name of the song, such as playing a quote or something.

4> Any other tips you guys may have about running this software in kiosk mode are appreciated!
Demnos

posted on 12-12-2003 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
1> I want to use the software on a laptop for the event, and then have it on my personal PC after that. Are there any wacky license issues I have to deal with to move the software?
You will need to get a new registration number. Which means you will probably have to buy a second license (because you then have the SW installed on 2 different machines). If you could somehow prove to Audiosoft that you have deinstalled and won't be using the laptop license, then you could get around the second license, but I doubt that this is possible.
Quote:
2> The reception will not have internet access, is that a problem?
Yes, you won't be able to surf the WWW and check your email from the reception! :D But rest assured, for eJukebox it is not a problem.
Quote:

3> I noticed there is some customizability in that I should be able to run a script before each song is chosen
Hmmm...I am not sure what you are referring to exactly. Where did you see that with the script?
junk

posted on 12-12-2003 at 11:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, you're probably referring to the eJ2web PHP script that displays album covers. But come to think of it, the same mechanism could be used to run any kind of script... perhaps it is possible allready?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
fooo

posted on 12-13-2003 at 06:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The license issue seems like a pain - it's definitely something will prevent me from purchasing the software if it's really an issue. I only plan to use it on one PC, its just that I don't want to lug a desktop to the event.

In regards to the script - exactly -- I saw that for the web portion, it could run a script to update the currently playing item. but because it IS a script, I'd like to to some custom stuff there. So that means it'll probably happen at the same time the song starts playing which could lead to some interesting results. We'll have to see. It may be that there's not enough customizability so I'll have use something else other than eJukebox.
junk

posted on 12-13-2003 at 12:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess that in theory, you could change the script to contain whatever you what... or at least add whatever you want.

Does your 30 days trial time expire on your laptop before the event?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
fooo

posted on 12-13-2003 at 07:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortuanately it does expire too soon before the event. I wanted to get started early setting it up and testing it.

I'll be playing with the scripting portion this weekend to see if it's a viable option.:)
fooo

posted on 12-15-2003 at 03:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So far so good

I've gotten the scripting portion to behave appropriately doing the following:

Using:
Ejukebox 3.6
WACommand (allows control of winamp from command line)
WAV (playts command line wavs)
Abyss personal web server
Activeperl

Ejukebox sends a post to the personal web server cgi script written in perl
with information on the title/artist/etc
Ejukebox.cgi pauses music, plays a wav according to the title, then unpauses.

The interface has behaved a bit wacky for me - I got into some sort of mode where I couldn't see all the new artists I added, only the ones before. But it resolved in some fashion and looks ok.

So the only issue left really is the licensing issue. I'll send an email to audiosoft about it - don't see a reply form them in here.
junk

posted on 12-15-2003 at 11:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You can probably work out a deal with them... your situation should leave room for a compromise in terms of a price discount, at least.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats