Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: how can I keep ejukebox from splitting albums apart?
csimmerling

posted on 12-1-2003 at 02:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
how can I keep ejukebox from splitting albums apart?

whenever I give ejukebox new CDs to add to the database, in always seems to put them in "albums" based on some pattern match that I don't understand. All of the songs are in the same subdirectory and ripped from the same CD, yet ejukebox will claim that many of them are in different albums, such as a greatest hits or so on. this is very frustrating as I want them all in the same album where they belong and editing to get them back is too annoying. I am a registered user but this is about to get me to switch to another program.

how does everyone else deal with this?
thanks
Fishy

posted on 12-1-2003 at 03:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Probably not a very constructive answer to your question. But, I usally say some mean and ugly words and feel the temperature in my head rising a little. Then I calm down and change the tags until the same process repeats itself. This usally happens after a rebuild.

It seems like ej changes the tags of mp3s in albums which got no coverimage associated with them. It looks up, add the wrong coverimage and changes the tags to some bizarre stuff. I am trying to live with it in hope that a sollution will be made..

There are also big problems with mpc's and wma's. Even though the feature descriptions says "Also Supported: .wma, .ogg, and .ape". This is a truth with *big* modifications. Ej does not support tags of wma and ogg at all...

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Fishy

posted on 12-1-2003 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Probably not a very constructive answer to your question. But, I usally say some mean and ugly words and feel the temperature in my head rising a little. Then I calm down and change the tags until the same process repeats itself. This usally happens after a rebuild.

It seems like ej changes the tags of mp3s in albums which got no coverimage associated with them. It looks up, add the wrong coverimage and changes the tags to some bizarre stuff. I am trying to live with it in hope that a sollution will be made..

There are also big problems with mpc's and wma's. Even though the feature descriptions says "Also Supported: .wma, .ogg, and .ape". This is a truth with *big* modifications. Ej does not support read or write of wma and ogg tags at all...

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats