Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Popularity reset at homeview at rebuild
Fishy

posted on 11-26-2003 at 09:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Popularity reset at homeview at rebuild

Hi there!

Is this my own personal hell, or do other users experience simular symptoms?

Whenever I rebuild my database all the popularity stats gets reset if I choose something else than "disabled" at the "only show entries when the song or a song from the artist/album has been in the last:" If set to month, 24 hours or week I get a blank list after rebuild. It adds the albums I play, but all the stats from the last database are lost.

If I choose "disabled" at this option it displays stats according to tags. It seems like ej uses the database to display the "24 hours, week and month" and when set to disabled it reads stats from the tags? Is this the case?

If this is the case. Is it possible to make it work so that the 24 hours, week and month stats survives a rebuild? I have a norvegian localisation of windows. Is this a problem only related to non english/Us users of windows? Or maybe a personal problem of mine, which I am bothering you? :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Spazz

posted on 11-27-2003 at 05:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not just a local thing. All you should have to do is leave it on popularity mode for awhile and let it play the songs. Either that or just pound on the skip song so it registers as played, either way works.

-Spazz

http://area51.gerpok.com/song/spazz.png
Fishy

posted on 11-27-2003 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yepp.. but all of those songs disappears after a rebuild! Except for those displayed when the "only show entries when the song or a song from the artist/album has been in the last:" is set to disabled... At least in my case.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-29-2003 at 04:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After rebuilding it will not show any songs in the top ten right away unless you disable the home view option ""only show entries when the song or a song from the artist/album has been in the last:"

This is because eJukebox does not save the last play date/time to the mp3 tags. Thus, when you rebuild the database this data can not be restored. So if you do not disable that option - it will only show songs that you have played since rebuilding.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 11-29-2003 at 05:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi! Thanks for your reply! Is it possible to get ej to save this information to the tags in a future version? Or is this more trouble than it's worth? :)

Since I at average do a rebuild each second day, the "month" and "week" options becomes quite redundant when ej doesn't save this information to the tags.

The homeview works exellent at all other aspects though!

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-29-2003 at 08:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Is it possible to get ej to save this information to the tags in a future version? Or is this more trouble than it's worth?
It would probally be more trouble than its worth because it would add one more thing that needs to be saved and read from the tag, which would make things slower.

For now, I think we will update eJukebox to automatically set the home view option to disabled after rebuilding.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats