Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: BLANK ALBUM COVERS
shrip

posted on 11-2-2003 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BLANK ALBUM COVERS

I've read a couple of other threads about this problem and never seem to formulate a reason or answer. My new album covers do not automatically look-up anymore. When I force a look-up it comes back with the the title and year but an album cover that is just blank or black. It was said to be fixed in version 3.53, but I still have the problem.
shrip

posted on 11-9-2003 at 05:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY...AUDIOSFT WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?

This will be one of my numerous posts about this problem, but no one will respond?!?!:( Audiosoft, could you please respond with a solution or when it's going to be fixed. Thanks!!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-9-2003 at 05:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
shrip,

I would like to help you! But as i don't use the album look-up feature... because that doesn't work fine for me too!

I think in general, Audiosoft still needs to improve the albums look-up features in comparison to others programs...
Rich

posted on 11-9-2003 at 06:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have this problem too, and it seems to be related to invalid tag info. There are some tag programs that I have tried that store the album image differently than eJukebox; causing eJ to display blank or empty album covers. I know it's a pain, but using a tag editing program, delete all but the basic info from the tag (keep the artist, song title, album name & year).

Start up eJ and see if it now downloads an album image. It works for me.

-Rich
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-9-2003 at 07:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ahh... yes the album image storage seems to be different depending on the tag editor used. What a shame! I don't know who is right?...
That would be great if the image tag info could also be normalized just as well the others basic infos...
Fishy

posted on 11-9-2003 at 07:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've also tried to point out bugs in the tag read system in a post. Without any further responses :(. This is not a problem that's only related to mp3's but to a range of usual formats like ogg, wma and mpc!

I don't like this, and hope that it will not become an issue of ignorance in further development.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
shrip

posted on 11-13-2003 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WHERE IS AUDIOSOFT ON THIS??????!?!?!?!?!?

I appreciate the responses and good to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. However, I haven't heard anything from AUDIOSOFT and it's getting quite annoying. AUDIOSOFT please respond about this issue! Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-13-2003 at 06:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shrip,

What type of internet connection do you use? Dial-up?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shrip

posted on 11-13-2003 at 05:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no, I use an always-on, broadband connection. When a new album is played it doesn't even attempt a look-up.
shrip

posted on 11-20-2003 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UPGRADED to v3.6 STILL NO ALBUM COVERS!!!!

I was hoping that in v3.6 that the blank album covers would be fixed, but it is still happening. I posted a response to your question Audiosoft, but I don't get a response?!?! I'd like to try to isolate this problem and find out if it something with the software of it is something with my end of things. Please hhhhhheeeeeeellllllllppppppp!!!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-20-2003 at 03:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What version of Internet Explorer do you have? Please try download and re-installing the latest version from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp
Then see if you can lookup an album in the eJukebox editor.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shrip

posted on 11-20-2003 at 10:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've got all the latest updates and patches already
shrip

posted on 11-21-2003 at 04:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ANY SOLUTIONS/ANSWERS YET???

Still waiting to hear an answer. I don't know if this problem is just an anomoly or what, but I would like to see it get fixed. I have all the right info for all my songs but no album covers, except for the ones I've manually added via EJ, and it's getting real monotinous. It doesn't even attempt a look up when a new song is played, it just displays the blank cd image.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-22-2003 at 05:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

It doesn't even attempt a look up when a new song is played,

That is because it will not auto lookup an album image for the playing song again if an attempt was already made which fails to find an album/image (when connected to the net).

Can you get it to find a single image when using the editors lookup?

I don't know what to tell you...though it seems like everyone has the same problem...I don't think anyone really has the same problem as you. They are all different issues...like:

Quote:

This is not a problem that's only related to mp3's but to a range of usual formats like ogg, wma and mpc!

Which is because eJukebox does not support reading or writing to tags other than MP3. So when using those formats images will be lost after rebuilding.

Anyways, I want to figure this out for you. You must have a corrupt or missing windows system file. I will try to find other things for you to download to see if it fixes it...but i fear the only real solution is a reinstallation of windows.

Before doing that you will want to first try deleting "C:\Program Files\eJukebox" and re-installing the full version of eJukebox. You probally allready tried that but hey ya never know....

chevytough

posted on 11-22-2003 at 06:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have been having the same problem as shrip for a while now - album cover lookup just stopped working a while ago. I have reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows - but that didn't work.
shrip

posted on 11-22-2003 at 07:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A while ago it just quit working, I don't know if it was after an update or what. However, just recently I had my windows registry corrupted and had to reformat and install windowsm, and I thought that it would take care of the problem. So my copy of Windows is fresh as well as the install for EJ. I only have MP3s, not any wma, ogg, etc. Through the editor when I do an auto look up, it will acts as if it's found an album because it enters the album name and year like it is supposed to, but the album image just comes back black or white. I
shrip

posted on 12-3-2003 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
HERE WE GO AGAIN

Welp, here we go again in circles, with no answer or solution. I don't know if this isn't important or what, but I'd like to know if the problem can or will be fixed. Thanks:mad:
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats