Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Access eJukebox2web v2.0 interface from a computer outside of your home network
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Access eJukebox2web v2.0 interface from a computer outside of your home network

First off you need to use the "Connection's IP Address" to access eJ2Web outside of your home network. To find this IP address goto: http://www.ip-calculator.com/ while on any PC in your home network.

Also, If you want to access the eJukebox2web v2.0 interface from a computer outside of your home network; Installing a separate web server program is not needed. eJ2Web2.0 is a web server which operates at the port # you specify in the eJukebox control panel.

If you have firewall software running on the same pc that is running eJ2Web make sure that it is setup to allow full access on the port # (e.g. 80) that you are using.

If you still cannot remotely access eJ2Web2.0's interface after browsing to the "Connection's IP Address" (e.g. http://64.234.43.1:80) on the same port # as is in the eJ2Web settings....

The problem is if you have more than one computer on a home network - your home router will probably use a single public IP address for all the computers. If you are outside of your home network and try to access a resource at that single IP address; the connection request will not know which computer on the network to go to.

Good news is... most routers allow you to configure them via a web browser to make them Aware. The router can be accessed by browsing to: http://192.168.0.1 or something similar. If you have never accessed the router before you will probably need to consult the routers documentation or web site to get its default name and password.

From the router menu, You then need to find PORT FORWARDING or something similar and set it up to take requests to port 80 (or the port you use in eJ2Webs settings) and forward them to the computer, that is running eJ2Web2.0's, home network address (e.g. http://192.168.0.2). After doing that you should be able to access eJ2Web from outside your home network.

If you have a broadband connection, on both ends, and want to Listen to what’s playing in eJukebox from outside your home network… Check out: http://www.shoutcast.com

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sloan

biggrin.gif posted on 11-4-2003 at 08:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great instructions. I just wanted to invite everyone to see what I've done with mine. If you don't have a static IP - you can still obtain one in a roundabout way by using software from www.directupdate.net and an account (free) on homeip.net. Because of this I've been able to set up a "radio station" of sorts where users can connect to a stream, view an html of my album list and then logon to eJukebox to enque songs.

Check all this out at:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~abb3n/radio/

(If it is down or the limit of 5 users has been reached, contact me at "ArinBennet" on AIM and i'll fix things). Sorry for the long post, just wanted to show off what can be done with this amazing eJukebox software and encourage others to do the same.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Demnos

posted on 11-5-2003 at 02:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow, Sloan, truly amazing!!! And a great music taste too. Now I know where I can come to preview some music... ;-)
Sloan

posted on 11-5-2003 at 09:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Demnos :) If anyone tries to access it and it isn't up, be sure to send me an IM and I'll fix things. Cheers!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
nobody40

posted on 8-4-2012 at 12:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok I have the display on my Xoom and can change songs but I have no sound on my Xoom. So it does change the songs on my computer and I hear the songs on my computer just not on my Xoom.

What am I doing wrong???
nobody40

posted on 8-6-2012 at 12:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why are you not responding to my posts??? If there is no support I want a refund.
nobody40

posted on 8-6-2012 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have all the Now That's What I Call Music...how do I get it to sort it and show those albums?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-6-2012 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: I have all the Now That's What I Call Music...how do I get it to sort it and show those albums?

do the songs have a track # in the song editor? do the track numbers go high or restart with each cd? how many cd's are there? try typing "That's What I Call Music" in the seach box and then click the album name in the right column.

RE: ok I have the display on my Xoom and can change songs but I have no sound on my Xoom. So it does change the songs on my computer and I hear the songs on my computer just not on my Xoom.

What am I doing wrong???

If you want to listen on the XOOM remotely then configure the 2Web options panel options. There are options for different ways of sending mp3 to your the Xoom web browser. Or maybe you could find an app that will stream the .m3u link. you will probably need to use Wifi for it to be able to stream well remotely.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
Capture2.JPG - 39.47kb

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats