Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Adding songs again?
jojo

shocked.gif posted on 10-24-2003 at 04:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Adding songs again?

I've noticed if I rip cd's with EJ, then for some reason have to rip using something like musicmatch or wndows media player then add songs to the database I end up getting cd's I just ripped with EJ again in the newest songs list, thus dupping songs in EJ? This has ended up multiple rebuilds to clean things up again.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-24-2003 at 04:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not sure I understand....Why are you ripping the CDs twice? Just rip the songs using eJukebox. Then the songs are automatically added to the eJukebox database and are stored on your harddrive in the folder specified.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 10-24-2003 at 04:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Not sure I understand....Why are you ripping the CDs twice? Just rip the songs using eJukebox. Then the songs are automatically added to the eJukebox database and are stored on your harddrive in the folder specified.

I'm not! that's my issue. what I'm doing here is say a cd doesn't come up with freedb.org's database, I'll then switch over to musicmatch and use it to rip the CD. Then when I use the "Add new songs to the database" it brings a cd I just ripped using musicmatch, of course as it should, but it also brings recent cd's I ripped using EJ in a second time, causing duplicates in the database.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Sloan

posted on 10-24-2003 at 08:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you changing the directories at all after eJukebox has already added them?

If you're renaming them or moving them then this is probably why, as eJukebox has no way to know that the ones it has already ripped are the same as the new directory you've placed them in..

Just a thought?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
jojo

posted on 10-24-2003 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Sloan
Are you changing the directories at all after eJukebox has already added them?

If you're renaming them or moving them then this is probably why, as eJukebox has no way to know that the ones it has already ripped are the same as the new directory you've placed them in..

Just a thought?

Good thought here, but no I'm not renaming them, moving them or otherwise touching them with musicmatch so I'm really confused here. I have both programs put them in my music folder (c:\my music\{artis}\{album}\{track#-artist-track_name-album.mp3
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats