Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: features plse! (new user)
spants

posted on 10-20-2003 at 09:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
features plse! (new user)

Hi - like the proggy so far, have spent many hours playing with the options but not yet a master ;)

These are the things that bug me:-
1) Why does it change my MP3-IDs - some of my albums now have wrong names....please add a prompt or option b4 changing.
2) Album art. Can I have a option switch to choose from DB or from file and the ability to sync between them?.
3) Some albums or songs just disappear...perhaps an option to view raw list sorted by album that u can do a quick edit to...

As a side note...if I do a rebuild do I lose all the album art that I have built up...
Cheers
Spants
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member spants's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 01:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1. As far as i know, eJukebox doesn't change the id3tag unless it is missing (or wrong somehow?). Never had that problem, anyway, perhaps someone else might fill in here.

2. Not quite sure what you mean here. Do you mean to switch between the images eJukebox has looked up using the internet and the ones you manually choose a from file? Or allready id3tag encoded images?

3. Hm, what do you mean by disappear? They were available in eJukebox but not anymore?

I am sorry, I know it's not polite to answer a question with another question, but... well, i did't quite get it this time.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
spants

posted on 10-20-2003 at 06:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thnx for your reply....must admit my post wasn't that clear!

1) Maybe it didnt change my tags then...I have about 3500 songs arranged on my hd as artist/album/titles.mp3. If it doesnt find the album art on a lookup it tries to guess a name. ie "the best...album in the world" gets named as "the best xmas album in the world". Do you know where was this changed stored (tag or DB?).

2) it seems that some people have art attached to id3s and some just in the db. I share my music with my xbox and there is a tool to extract art to show it on the xbox....however i cannot get to it in the db. Would be nice to set a preference as to where the art is stored. If it is much faster to read it from the program point of view then maybe a way to sync the art to the db?.

3) I changed an album name and that album disappeared...not sure where it went as i refreshed the album view and couldnt find it.

also...can I refresh all the tracks and not lose the album art Ive already downloaded?

Thanks for reading!
Spants
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member spants's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 06:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1) Ah, i see... well, it doesn't change the tag information such as artist and songname etc, it just tries to get the right album cover... and fails dramatically. :) No harm done, though.

2) You can check if the mp3's have images encoded in their tags with programs such as Tag&Rename, and probably Tagcontrol and Tagstudio or whatever they are called. The two latter are probably better than Tag&Rename, which has many bugs and poor (non-existing) customer support (for me, at least).

3) Close eJukebox and start it again. Then your renamed artists should appear in the right spot. I do this out of old habit, not sure if it is neccesary any more.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Demnos

posted on 10-21-2003 at 09:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And to answer the fourth question:

When you rebuild the database, you will NOT lose the album art you have already downloaded. This art is stored outside of the eJukebox database and a reference to the image files is stored directly into the mp3 tag so it survives a database rebuild.
Rich

posted on 10-21-2003 at 11:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJ's album lookup feature *does* change the abum name and year in the tag if it decides it doesn't agree with what's specified. This is B A D ! Wrong art is an annoyance, but spending hours getting tags right, only to have them usurped, bites.

In another post, someone regarded tag info as LAW and I couldn't agree more!

How it should work (a proposal):

1. If a file tag has artist - song - album and art - display it as is.

2. If a file has all the above but with no image, then look for an exact match, if you find it, use it.

3. If there is no exact match, leave the tag alone, and include no art. We can still use the edit feature to include cover art.

4. Allow the application of the above rules (or similar) or disregard them all together (leaving the logic as it exists) with yet another option: "Always Use Tag Info".

If always using tag info, the Editor would be the only time tags could be modified from within eJukebox (with the exception of ratings, times played, etc.)

This option should also be available at database build time.

Am I barking up the right tree here, or am I hoplessly caught in a dream?

Thanks,
Rich
junk

posted on 10-22-2003 at 07:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hm, never had this happening to me. Is this because i allready have images encoded in my id3tags, by using the All Music Guide's info through Tag&Rename ?

Anyway, i agree that eJukebox should not change any info just because it did not find the appropriate album. I was quite suprised it did so in the first place, i can't really see the reason either, if the mp3 allready have existing tags.
spants

posted on 10-22-2003 at 12:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm glad its not me then! - I dont mind it proposing some album art but to modify my ID Tags is a big no-no without asking!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats