Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Not having to be so precise...
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not having to be so precise...

A friend of mine tried eJukebox for the first time today... and he reacted quite negatively when nothing happened when he thought he had selected "Air" in the artist list. When i told him he had to point the cursor directly on top of "Air" instead of just clicking when "Air" was marked, he reacted negatively.

Come to think of hit, this has happened many times. It's always a bit akward having to explain to people that they have to click when the cursor is directly on top of the link, instead of when the link seems to be marked...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
ochristmas

posted on 10-20-2003 at 07:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
my wife also "reacted negatively" - I must say on the same subject that I think eJukebox has a surprisingly steep learning curve which Im reminded of whenever my friends try and have a go...
junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 07:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's always interesting to see new users try it out. I wouldn't say it has a steep learning curve, but there are a few things, and especially the problem in subject, which i have to keep telling everyone, unless i want them hear them complain that it isn't working two seconds later.

I hope this is a problem Audiosoft can sort out... Don't really care how they do it. I would probably resort to the old "space" trick. (filling out the artist line with spaces until the end of the column, so the whole line is selectable), but then again, i am not a programmer. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-20-2003 at 08:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for letting us know that about this confusing new users.

In the next version you will only have to click the row for it to work.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 10-21-2003 at 07:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great! This will definately improve many users' first time-experience with eJukebox! I've seen many good men click the their fingers sore on the space to the immidiate right of what they were trying to choose.

By the way, i believe i've seen (and experienced) the same struggle with the song list as well. And the playlist too. Can you work the same trick with these sections as well when you're at it?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats