Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Prevent songs to be accidentally added in eJ
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-19-2003 at 01:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Prevent songs to be accidentally added in eJ

Sometimes i want to listen some files in Winamp that i don't want they be added to eJukebox, often because at this moment they are still at a temporary place, or simply because i don't want to see them in eJukebox for various reasons...
So I am obligated to close my favorite jukebox before... annoying! And, even if i have closed eJ, when i restart it the latest song played in Winamp is automatically added in eJ... even more annoying!

Could you add an option to prevent that songs played in Winamp be added in the eJukebox database when it's not wanted?

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 10-19-2003 at 03:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would also like this option. Same problem here.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Sloan

posted on 10-19-2003 at 03:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good point - me three! :cool:
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
timmyotoole

posted on 10-19-2003 at 10:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
me four

If Nothing We Do Matters...
Then All That Matters Is What We Do
spants

posted on 10-22-2003 at 12:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
and me!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member spants's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-22-2003 at 04:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Problem is how is eJukebox supposed to know when it is not wanted. You would have to remember to go into eJukebox switch an option on to freeze eJukebox before you play the song in winamp - so it can't sync with winamp. Then when you are done you would have to unselect this option to allow fo normal operation. Don't think this is such a good idea as eJukebox could be permanently locked/disabled by inexperienced users.

Why not just enable the Sound option that already exists - "Don't Close Winamp on Exit" - then shutdown eJukebox and start it up again when you are done playing the song in winamp.

Or just use Windows Media Player to "test" new songs.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-22-2003 at 06:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In fact for me that would be not a problem... because i never want the new files be added in eJukebox when played in Winamp. I always add my new files using the songs update menus!
So I think it is only necessary you add an option to (permanently) turn off this function for those of us who simply don't want to use it.

Thanks.
junk

posted on 10-23-2003 at 07:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, it's actually the same for me. All the files i want to be in eJukebox' database resides in my "music collection" folder. Whatever kind of files that are played outside of this folder, are files that belong in my "quarantine" folder (where i put music that i probably dislike), or my "incoming" folder; mp3's without proper tags. So i don't want either of these songs to be added to eJukebox' database. So an option like Pirk suggests would suit me just fine.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-23-2003 at 01:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

To be clear: all the files i play directly in Winamp are some files that i don't want to see in my eJukebox database because next they pollute my audio collection: incomplete songs, wrong place, no tags, even sometimes it's not songs at all!
I want my favorite jukebox stay a jukebox, not a kind of pigsty like on my hard-drive... But if on my hard-drive that stay hidden, in eJukebox it's obvious... for everyone! What a shame...

Here is the sense of my (our) request. Praiseworthy reason, i think. No?

PS: I don't want to close and restart eJukebox because it's wasted time and it's not logical.
If i use Media Player i could forget the habit of use eJukebox!!!:P I joke... but i don't like Media Player. The only 2 audio players i like are eJukebox and Winamp...

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 10-23-2003 at 07:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I agree... since eJukebox automatically adds each ting in Winamp to it database, it means i have to rebuild all the time, to avoid the artist list becoming a mess.

I played some good old Amiga modules the other day... and the next thing you know artist list is full of strange, obscure and cheesy names such as Whiskas and Twilight... :P
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats