Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: v3.5 bugs
Rich

posted on 10-9-2003 at 05:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.5 bugs

I hope you already know how much I really enjoy eJukebox, and how much we all appreciate the added features. You work so hard, I feel kind of bad pointing out the bugs, but:

If eJukebox starts in POP mode, no playlist loaded, and you right click ANYWHERE in the playlist area, you'll get the default windows beep, then there are horizontal lines around the eJukebox border, eJukebox freezes (winamp keeps playing) and if you click anyhwhere the program closes.

If you have a playlist loaded, then you clear the playlist and eJukebox goes into POP mode and you right click anywhere in the playlist, the app does not shutdown, but in addiditon to the font option, it also offers to remove artists from the playlist, though the playlist has been cleared.

Full screen mode does not vertically center the app, so part of the top of the application is off the screen and unreachable.

The "View Their Albums" feature does not display any albums.

Thanks,
Rich

*edit*

Check for new version never works for me as well.
Sloan

posted on 10-9-2003 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't tell you guys how much more convienient this version is over previous versions. It's like a whole new program!

I too noticed a few of those things Rich, and i just wanted to add one small issue that i've found so far:

sometimes when i click on an album it tries to bring down the list of tracks but is empty (similar to the problem we used to have of the window coming up empty after clicking on an album). The issue seems much less severe than it used to and only happens with a select few albums repeatedly.

Just thought I'd add that in to the bug list.
Amazing work audiosoft! You guys are my heros..!
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
bosh

posted on 10-9-2003 at 11:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having the same problem as Rich -

"Full screen mode does not vertically center the app, so part of the top of the application is off the screen and unreachable."

Wasn't having this problem w/ 3.4, installed 3.5 and lost the top of the window.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 11:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks, we are going to redo fullscreen mode for the next version so that it works correctly in every circumstance.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rich

posted on 10-10-2003 at 05:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Sloan
sometimes when i click on an album it tries to bring down the list of tracks but is empty (similar to the problem we used to have of the window coming up empty after clicking on an album). The issue seems much less severe than it used to and only happens with a select few albums repeatedly.

Yes, this happens with the new artist list / album view split screen for me too, but I've got a new detail:

If you click on the Album graphic on some artists, you don't get the albums / songs list, *but* if you click on the artist's name above the album image, you *will* get the albums / songs list.

-Rich
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-10-2003 at 12:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is a known bug we have been trying to fix where if you click an album on the albumlist which contains the ":" character it will not list any songs. Is this the case with your albums that will not list? If not, are any other special characters found on these album names?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sloan

posted on 10-10-2003 at 03:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
oh good point - actually its an album called Cyberl@b - so it's probably the "@"?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Rich

posted on 10-10-2003 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Let's look at Rush "Chronicles (1 of 2)" and "Chronicles (2 of 2)". This album set is a good example of what I described above.

In split view, the Album title was just "Chronicles" even though the title of each album was different as noted with the (1 of 2) and (2 of 2) in parenthesis. And it showed as just one album, not two (which is actually correct as it's a two disc set).

If you clicked on the album art, nothing was displayed. Once I removed the parenthesis, and refreshed the album list, Chronicles shows up as two albums, but now they correctly display the songs when clicked.

So, does eJukebox *ignore* information in parenthesis? And in this case, it didn't really know which to display, so it displayed nothing?

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 10-10-2003 at 06:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's definately the parenthesis. And it effects band names too, not just album names. Example: H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty). If you click on the artist name, there is no display in Artists, but their album contains no parenthesis, so that works fine.

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 10-12-2003 at 04:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just a heads up to those using parenthesis ( and ); brackets [ and ] work just fine. I'm in the process of replacing them in all my tags, and I've experienced none of the aforementioned issues on those I've changed.

-Rich
Sloan

posted on 10-17-2003 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes the ( ) and [ ] work fine but they don't actually show up in title which looks kinda dumb - meaning if i have (live) after a track it looses the ( ) - defeating the point of me putting them in there .... just my input.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats