Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album Shows Up Wrong
cbsoundman

posted on 10-8-2003 at 08:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album Shows Up Wrong

Maybe this is more of a requested feature but, I would really like the following:

Whatever is in the MP3 Tag concerning album, artist, title, track and year is LAW. I hate it when it comes up with a different album when it looks for the image album. If it can't find the album, that is OK, I can import the image.

Also, I want to turn off case fixing. I don't see an option to take care of that.

I have taken a few months and made sure the tags on all MP3s were correct and I don't want to mess those up.

Thanks.
ochristmas

posted on 10-9-2003 at 06:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here here! I totally agree...
junk

posted on 10-9-2003 at 08:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Turning off the case fixing is easy. Just checkmark "disable case fixing" in the dialogue box that appears when you rebuilding your database.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2003 at 01:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
cbsoundman, I totally agree with you too!

I also hate wrong album covers. So I always use my own images.
Anyway, I'm HAPPY, even if I proceed this way!

Yes, I also hope for a GENERAL option to turn off case fixing, everywhere in eJukebox.
Audiosoft already know my reasons: Because of French - and Europeans! - languages DIFFERENT cases fixing...

Good luck! ;)

:cool: Pirk
Sloan

posted on 10-17-2003 at 01:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
just a little annoying thing that i noticed that i can't find a thread to stick it in - so i'll post it here (and hope it hasn't been mentioned before) ... when an album title is really long the box around the album art is stretched to fit the long title. Which means the album art is sitting in the middle of a really big white box. It would be better if ejukebox cut it off at a certain point so this didn't happen. (don't ask me why a band would name an album "Vivadixiesubmarinetranmissionplot";) Any more thoughts on this? :D
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Rich

posted on 10-17-2003 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Do you have the "Scroll Long Text" option checked? (Albums - Options - Display Options - Scroll Long Text)

-Rich
Sloan

wink.gif posted on 10-17-2003 at 04:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
oh yeah i know that works... all the movement tends to slow my computer down though, so i pretty much leave it unchecked. It's not a big complaint, just a small issue is all :D
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Sloan's Aim
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-17-2003 at 05:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
v3.53's album list will allow you hide the album text that appears under every album. So that you just have your covers and you can see the album title and artist text on the album list bar. This will make the album list lighter so it will work faster.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 10-17-2003 at 07:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Interesting. I see what you mean. This sounds like a good option.

It even might bring more attention to the album art. A bit like seeing a film without subtitles (here in norway, all foreign films are subtitled)... you pay more attention to the acting, instead of reading your way through the dialogue of the movie.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
cbsoundman

posted on 10-20-2003 at 05:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see when you add new songs using the "Add New Songs" under the tools button, it does case-fix the album (or should I call it case-break). I would like to be able to turn that off.

Thanks.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, i agree with you cbsoundman,

I would like too an option to choose to case-fix or not when I use the "Add New Songs" menu.

I haved already requested that, because once where I have added lots of new albums at the same time using the "Add New Songs" menu, as there is no option to choose if you want or not to apply the case fixing in the dialog box, i have simply forgotten that eJukebox goes to apply the casefixing! ...and all my new albums have been altered! While i haved already spend a lot of time to fixe the tags manually... very frustrating!

I hope this time Audiosoft will pay more attention to this issue.

Thanks.

junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why not just move the "Don't perform case fixing" from the Update Database dialogue to somewhere in the general settings?

Then it would apply for both normal updating as well as in the ”add new songs” function., and it would look simpler for new users.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-20-2003 at 12:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes junk, i haved also already requested that to Audiosoft...

But i think they fear we turn off the casefixing, definitively... because it's forgotten somewhere in the options.
So if they want to bring out that eJukebox have a great casefixe option, I am not against... for my English albums! But in case of my french albums it's not adapted, at all!
So, i would be happy with the casefix option in the 2 menus...
I think you understand the thing because you may have the same problem with your native language... ;)

junk

posted on 10-20-2003 at 01:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes, definately. I also want casefixing, but i want it to not capitalize the foreign letters æ ø and å... as well as all the other ”special” characters.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats