Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Jukebox will not "see" all my songs.
scphillipp

sad.gif posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jukebox will not "see" all my songs.

I posted this question in the other part of the forum, but still haven't seen a reply (purhaps there is no answer). I will try again here.

Why will the data base only see about 5500 of my songs? I have over 9000. I've tried rebuilding the data base and re-looking for files, but I can not over come this amount? I've tried it now, on 2 different machines, same result. Is this a limitation while on the trial time?
Thanks.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not sure what could be causing this...Anyone else ever experience anything like this?

Does eJukebox say it finds all 9000 during database building? Are are unable to access these songs in eJukebox or just it just give the wrong number of songs on the top10 page?

What version of Windows and how much RAM do you have? Are all you music files MP3s?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scphillipp

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am using windows XP home and XP pro on the other machine. On one machine I have 900+ meg of memory and on the other I have 500+ megs. On the second machine I totally reformatted my HD and reinstalled XP then the jukebox (no other programs (but winamp of course) On both machines same result (about 5500 songs found - not the same # on each, but within a hundred or so)

No, jukebox only "finds" the 5500 songs I can not get it to see any more than it originally "finds" when I first ran it.
On one machine the songs are on the same HD as jukebox, and on the other the songs are on one HD while the jukebox program resides on another. (I know this shouldn't matter, but thought I'd mention all the variables)
scphillipp

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh and yes ALL are mp3's.

I just thought about something else, I have each artist in its own folder (so I have hundreds of folders) Is there a limitation on the # of folders?

Media player does "see" all my files. (I know also this shouldnt matter, but at least I know something can access them.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm...could be something related to having each of your artists in their own folder....we are looking into this. For the artists that are not being found what is the full path to the folder containing these artists folders?

Also...if you haven't tried already tried this- see if finds these songs when you "Add New Music Files" from this folder using eJukebox Update Database dialog.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scphillipp

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thats a funny question, only because I haven't figured out which songs it isn't finding. With sooo many songs its so hard to track down which ones it isn't seeing. It looks like it finds all the artists (ie all the folders) just not all the songs in all the folders. Although I could be wrong, I gotta sit down real soon and figure it out. I was hoping for a quick fix. ;-)

None of the songs are more than 3 folders deep. (ie c:...\mysongs\artist\album\songs)

So maybe if I move all my songs in just a few folders (oh god - I have my work cut out for me) this thing will work? Is it unusual to have the artists in diff folders? Thats the way my ripper did it, when I ripped the songs from my CD's.

Thanks again.
Rich

posted on 10-4-2003 at 04:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Scphillipp,

eJ finds ALL my files. I only have 5486 .mp3's, but my file structure is kind of deep. Here's a typical example:

H:-FTP-Public-mp3-G-Genesis-Duke-misunderstanding.mp3

So I don't see it being folder related.

XP Pro, 1GB RAM

-Rich
junk

posted on 10-4-2003 at 12:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't believe it is folder related either. I also have the mp3's in the same order, Artist\Album\ , and in some cases even more folders.

I believe it must be id3tag related. Are you sure all your mp3's are properly tagged? Try a program such as Tag&Rename, and click through your folders... you should easily discover if something is wrong.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-4-2003 at 01:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Even if there are no ID3 tags in the files or problems with the tags, eJukebox should still find the songs during the search for files. So I doubt it could be anything related to ID3 tags.

Also, eJukebox skips files under 350KB in size during the search so this could result in it missing some lower bitrate files.

scphillipp

posted on 10-5-2003 at 08:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh Poop. I thought we had an explaination. I'm still workin on this. I do love the program suggested "tag&rename. I'm currently going thru all my songs and fixing the tags.
Any more ideas out there?
I have till the end of the month, I want to use this program for a halloween party and I'll try anything once.
thanks.
steve in pa.
Dyno Don

posted on 10-8-2003 at 02:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would try to isolate it. In the past eJukebox would ignore some folders. Like WINDOWS. So my Rush-Power Windows was never found. Stone TEMPle Pilots stuff was never found because the word "temp" is in the folder name. Renamed it STP no problem. So when you rebuild next time, just add an artist at a time and look at the results. With you missing so many, I bet you will discover the missing ones right away. There may be something in the way you name your directories.

Don
scphillipp

biggrin.gif posted on 10-8-2003 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UPDATE**** (I feel SOO DUMB)
The way I was getting my total # of music files was using right click/properties. 9000 and some odd songs (so far so good), NOPE -- What I wasn't realizing, along with that number is thousands of hidden files, (small pic, large pic, and some other windows hidden crap). For instance, in one of my folders windows reports 10 files, but when I opened it, it only had 3 songs in it (by that artist), then the light went on in my head - I turned on "do not hide hidden files" and wah la, there they all were, pretty as you please. Just to be sure - I did a search through windows for all .mp3's and yep it came up with the same # as jukebox did.
As soon as I crawled out from under the floor that I had sunk down under, I figured I had better let you guys know what I found out. Thanks for all your help.
Sorry for the bother.
(Now I gotta tell all my friends I dont have 9000+ songs only 6000+ boo hiss.

Steve in Pa.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-9-2003 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glad you figure it out! :D

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats