Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Internet Cd Lookup does not work
stoneeonta

mad.gif posted on 9-26-2003 at 03:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Internet Cd Lookup does not work

What up, i came back to college this year but unlike last year the cd cover lookup is not working for me... it says that i must be connected to the internet? well i am the only thing is its a LAN i dont know how to set up eJukebox to reallize that im on the internet, how do i fix this?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-26-2003 at 10:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you referring to the no internet message that appears after clicking Lookup Missing Cover Images button under the album list options? If so this has already been fixed for the next version (v3.5).

Are you able to lookup an album image from the eJukebox editor?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alans17

posted on 6-7-2004 at 03:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having a similar problem. I installed the program on my brother's computer the other day and it updates the CD covers just fine, but I got it hooked up on my dedicated machine, and it's not updating. I'm connected to the internet. It doesn't tell me that I'm offline - it just doesn't update. It shows the generic CD cover. I'm using the newest versionout as far as I know.
alans17

posted on 6-7-2004 at 04:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
clarifying the situation

My brother's DSL connection searches for album covers, but my wireless connection doesn't. Mine doesn't even attempt to search, and when I manually search it doesn't find anything. His will act like mine when he isn't connected. So basically, mine might be acting as if it's disconnected even though it is. Is there any way to override this?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-7-2004 at 06:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you edit a song by right clicking on one in eJukebox's songlist...and Click the "Auto Album Lookup" button then Click Go...it should then realizes it is connected to the internet and lookup images automatically from that point on during the eJukebox session. Let us know if that works or not....we are still trying to find a more reliable way to detect if there is an internet connection...we will probally have to add an "I am connected to the Internet" override option.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alans17

posted on 6-8-2004 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no such luck

Even when I tell it to find an album, it doesn't actually find it. It doesn't give the message about not finding the album like it typically would if it were connected. It simply just looks for a while and doesn't return an image! I disabled the ethernet connection on the off chance that it might be detecting a disconnection there and runs solely on the wireless. Still nothing... Any suggestions?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-8-2004 at 08:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Does it work when connected via ethernet cable instead of the wireless on that PC?

alans17

posted on 6-8-2004 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know if it will work.

I couldn't say how it would act. I haven't been able to connect via ethernet with this machine because I don't have the DSL password. My brother forgot it! :P So to eliminate the possibility, I disabled the LAN port in BIOS and reinstalled Windows from scratch. I'm sure that was excessive, but it was already a fresh install and I had time on my hands. I can always reconfigure it, though, if my brother gets the DSL password back. That's not a problem. (The wireless connection is from another source - not the DSL. :-O )

Here's a mind bender, though... It updates the year and album title when I manually update the song album cover, but it doesn't update the actual cover. Now I have like 2 or 3 albums that actually updated album covers, but I have no idea how or when that happenned...

This is the best jukebox I've seen so far, though, and would really like to get it working. I already registered the software on my brother's PC, but I haven't registered it yet on my own dedicated jukebox for fear that I'll never get the albums to update.
rlailey

posted on 7-30-2004 at 10:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No album covers

I get the same thing... I'm connected to the Internet via MS ISA Server through ADSL, but eJukebox 3.88 fails to download a single album cover (although accessing lyrics does work). Does it use a port other than 80 to initiate the album lookup (or not use http)?

I'm running XP MCE and the album covers download using this software, although I need eJukebox as Windows Media Player is pants for visualisations (and I just hate it anyway!).

Any suggestions?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats