Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Hoizontal Expansion Question...
Rich

posted on 9-20-2003 at 01:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hoizontal Expansion Question...

Thanks for the v3.4 release Audiosoft! I've tried the [ ]> button to horizontally expand the window, and the album list (I use the"Large" checkbox) automatically expands to 4 wide, but when using <[ ], it remains 4 wide, even when I refresh the album list. Everything is quite cramped at that point.

Is there preferred setting when using <[ ]?

Thanks,
Rich
Rich

posted on 9-20-2003 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, closing eJukebox and restarting fixed it when using the the "Refresh list" Album option.

But on another (yet related) note, when in "expanded view", if you use the "Expand/Hide eJukebox Panels" button, it doesn't automatically return to expanded mode.

Also, when you change from normal to expanded and vice versa, you have to manually refresh to get the albums to display correctly. Can this be automated?

Thanks again,
Rich
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-20-2003 at 01:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunatly, the only way we can make the album list resize correctly when switching between EDV and normal width is by making it automatically Refresh the album list. Which takes a bit of time to load. I am not sure if we should do this or not...what do you think?

In v3.4, you must manually click the Refresh List button on the album list options panel to get it to resize. We just tested this and it seems to work fine...is this what you did when it didn't resize or did you just click the albums button?

Also, we do plan on making it remember both the horizontal and verticle sizing, for the next version, so you can expand/hide the panels and regain your last sizing.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rich

posted on 9-20-2003 at 02:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A preference on a forced refresh can really vary depending on album list and machine specs. For me, it takes 6 seconds to complete the refresh process. That's with 387 albums (album = 4 or more songs). I have a P4 2.4 with 1GB RAM, so it's relatively painless. For those with much larger collections and slower machines, the time it takes could be considerable.

With that said, I think it's important to note that it would be unusual for someone to switch back and forth frequently enough to make automation a burden.

In a senctence, I'm all for it.

Thanks,
Rich
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats