Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Snagging list
ochristmas

posted on 9-14-2003 at 03:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Snagging list

Hi there - I have bought eJukebox and am generally happy with it. However there are a view nagging problems (in order of annoyance - worst first!) Any feedback / solutions would be much appreciated.

1. I was sure my mp3 tags were being changed by eJukebox and have worked out whats going on - eJukebox is creating 3v1 tags for all the songs it plays when I only want v2 tags - so I keep stripping the eJ keeps adding them. Anything I can do with this?

2. Image lookup - is there any chance of having the choice as to which site to use or a user vote or something. Seems a strange choice and only gets my album cover correct or at all about 50% of the time

3. Could you update the keyboard shortcut file because either I am inept (hmmm!) or else its outdated as many dont seem to work for me (particularly "play this album" - should be 'q'? at the moment in artist section I right click Add to playlist and then the album)

Anyway that last one was a minor thing and I dont wont you to think that I dont like the product - it is still the market leader by far so thanks!!!
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-14-2003 at 04:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : ochristmas
3. Could you update the keyboard shortcut file because either I am inept (hmmm!) or else its outdated as many dont seem to work for me (particularly "play this album" - should be 'q'? at the moment in artist section I right click Add to playlist and then the album)

Hi,

'q' had been planned for:
- Either play the album selected (using arrow keys) in the Albumlist.
- Or "Play Now" the song selected in the Songlist.
Maybe it could also "play" the album selected in the Songlist?
Currently it always play the first song, even if it's the album which is selected. You are right!

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-14-2003 at 04:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is no way to stop eJukebox from creating equal v1 id3 tags when it creates the v2 tags - that is hard coded to prevent id3 version conflicts. The space used by the v1 tags created is very tiny...why the concern to remove the v1 tags?

Q will play the current song that is in the row selected in the songlist. When in the Album list it will play the album selected.

Also, we have fixed a problem that was hurting the accuracy of the cover lookup. The cover lookup should work allot better under v3.4.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ochristmas

posted on 9-14-2003 at 05:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Many thanks for the reply Pirk and Audiosoft.

1. Err no reason other than Im an arse! I just prefer to have only v2 tags but I guess I will learn to live with it!

2. Cheers for the Q - have worked it out now

3. So will current misplaced covers be auto updated?

Thanks again!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 9-14-2003 at 05:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
RE: 3

I am afraid there is no way for eJukebox to detect/auto-update incorrect lookups. You will have to use eJukebox editor to re-lookup or set your own images for these songs/albums.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-14-2003 at 05:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And what about Q play the album if it is selected in the Songlist? (Requested feature)

:cool: Pirk
stsirois

posted on 9-15-2003 at 12:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
There is no way to stop eJukebox from creating equal v1 id3 tags when it creates the v2 tags - that is hard coded to prevent id3 version conflicts. The space used by the v1 tags created is very tiny...why the concern to remove the v1 tags?...

Could a solution to this problem be to use a tag editor & just copy all v2 to v1? Or is eJ doing this when there is no v1 present? If a v1 is present & it's somehow different than its v2, will eJ correct this?

Just curious on how eJ "thinks".

Thanks,
Steve
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats