Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Font sizes for HTPCs
stsirois

posted on 3-16-2003 at 09:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Font sizes for HTPCs

Hello,

Although eJukebox is not explicitly described on Audiosoft as being optimized for an HTPC, I think it definitely is suited for one. With that in mind, I was hoping that there could be some options created to choose larger font sizes.

The large font size for the right portion of the screen is adequate for viewing on my 27" color analog TV for the most part. The font size for artist page can be a little tough to read at times. Also, in the album views, the names of the albums are really hard to see from any distance, but that's no biggie since the album picture are there to provide information to the user. I was hoping the font sizes for the actual tabs at the top of the screen could be larger along with the drop down menus that emanate from those tabs, such as genre, album options, year, etc. Is this embedded within Windows or is this an eJukebox thing?

The lefthand portion of the screen gives me the hardest time to read, even at the large font size. The songs are barely legible while the album name in the "Now Playing" box is unreadable. Forget about reading the Menu options. Unfortunately, I can't even make out what is written for many of the menu options.

Most of this might be solved by including a 640x480 resolution, though I'm sure that would present more problems to overcome. I was running 640x480 on my HTPC but I sacrificed it to be able to use eJukebox:). Now I'm torn about which res. is more suitable for an HTPC: 640x480 or 800x600...

I know there's only so much room that you have to display important info. I'm just hoping that Audiosoft will keep in mind it's intended (or unintended) audience of HTPC users.

Thank you,
jawgee
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats