Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: A way to obtain a PERTINENT Popurarity List
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-7-2003 at 04:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A way to obtain a PERTINENT Popurarity List

Well, I have tried to mark with the stars some of my songs while they are playing. Even if it's very nice, it's an exacting and time-consuming work! I have almost 8000 songs...
I ADMIRE anyone who rates ALL his songs! Well, perhaps once you are in the habit of doing that...

So it's why I would prefer if there was ALSO another (effortless) way to obtain an equivalent result.

I propose again:
- Each song PICKED UP by the user AND EFFECTIVELY PLAYED UNTIL THE END increase its popularity count.
- Each song SKIPPED at any time, no matter the current playing mode, would be downgraded.
- Any other case don't change the song popularity count.

In this (so natural...) way, liked songs become more popular and detested songs move backwards in the popularity lists.

That would be also great if the scores appear in the songlist, in order that the user can get an idea of the good/bad songs BEFORE listening them! That would be also good for rated songs, I think!

What do you think? :D

:cool: Pirk
jhlurie

posted on 9-7-2003 at 08:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Perhaps "played until the end" is a bit harsh a test. Perhaps, for the impatient among us, "played beyond the half-way point"? Or maybe 3/4?

Its not often that I skip out of a song I really like, but sometimes if I'm sitting in front of a wireless keyboard with VCR-type forward buttons I may skip the VERY end of a song if its just fading-out music, without lyrics, or sometimes an extended silence if the MP3 wasn't edited tightly at the end.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 9-7-2003 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK for "played beyond the half-way point" instead of "played until the end"

So, you agree with my idea for popularity count???

:cool: Pirk
jhlurie

posted on 9-10-2003 at 01:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any idea which makes the Popularity count more accurate is a good one.

The only objection I see someone making, perhaps might be like this: the only songs counted towards Popularity counts in the first place are songs which a user has CHOSEN to add to a playlist. So it could be argued that whether or not they chose to listen through the whole song is a lesser issue because that deliberate choice was made.

Of course the appeal of the "half-way" solution is it gets around those situations where somebody confused two songs with each other and played the wrong one.

Obviously, Audiosoft is the one doing the work, so HE has to think that its worth the work for the benefit. :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats