Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: A showcase for the newest/last played albums on the homepage
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2003 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A showcase for the newest/last played albums on the homepage

What about a new function maybe called "Albums showcase" for the eJukebox homepage which could display the covers of the last albums added to eJ, like for the "New releases" on the homepage at allmusic.com?

I think the idea of doing covers passed alternatively could produce an attractive animation effect for the eJukebox homepage. eJ could display maybe 4 or 5 small size images with the artist and album name on the right-hand side of each cover. Everything with hot-clicks of course! Thus the last 8 or 10 albums would be in the animate showcase.

This function could be also used for the 8 or 10 last played albums. Maybe a click area could switch between these 2 modes?

:cool: Pirk
cbsoundman

posted on 8-15-2003 at 04:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is a very good idea.

I also want to see paging the album list in the albums. 1600+ albums take a while to scroll when you are looking for a particular one.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-15-2003 at 07:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk,

Thats a very good idea and quite easy for us to implement. However, instead of adding it to the current homepage layout we will probally wait until we have a totally new homepage layout.

If anyone is inspired to design a new homepage layout (as mentioned Here) you can include this new idea in the design as well as any others you can think of - in addition to any new graphics/animation.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2003 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK Audiosoft,
Thats great if you appreciate my idea!

Here is my "Albums showcase" I have added it to the current homepage waiting for the new layout.
I have made it using MS Word and also Dreamweaver a bit. I feel MS Word is really WYSIWYG, it's more easy for me...
What you think?

Attachment: eJ homepage_6.htm (39.52kb)
This file has been downloaded 1118 times

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-16-2003 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Looks very good. Nice work!

Still I think a total redesign is needed for the Homepage. Any WYSIWYG will do for the layout. However, Dreamweaver allows for the easy creation of CSS style sheets. These files are what will be needed to allow for end user customatization of the look of the Homepage, Playlist and Now Playing panels. Just like the Songlist already allows with the songlist.dis file.

So the new design for the homepage will have to incorporate a CSS style sheet that handles all the display formatting (text size, color, font - table cell background colors - etc.). The only thing that should be done in HTML is the layout.

Almost forgot...Wanted to let you know that we are probally going to add your HTPC songlist skin to the right click Font Menu in v3.3 with "Pirk's HTPC Skin" for the menu item text. Thank you for creating that skin for TV users.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-16-2003 at 09:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thats great if you add my "TV skin" to the next version, moreover with my pseudo! What honour!

Concerning the homepage,
Of course that will be better with a CSS file and also a complete redesign. CSS files are what I expected for! They are great for the personalization of the layout by the user itself. I understand Dreamweaver is perfect for that. The only thing is I labour a bit with it because I don't know the HTML basics!
Do you know where I can find a detailed description of the terms and the structure used in the HTML language? That could help me a bit. I've tried to use the help included in Dreamweaver, but I think I need help for total beginner...

Thank you very much.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-17-2003 at 09:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, I've found on allhtml.com the "Selfhtml" documentation (in french!). Very complete! That should help me to understand a bit more the lines generated by Dreamweaver...
But I am not sure that will be sufficient to create a new homepage for eJukebox. You must also create some new graphics, maybe using Fireworks. Moreover, at the same time you must be creative! Much work for a beginner like me, maybe too much...

junk

posted on 8-17-2003 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can help you out with the graphics. I've been doing a lot of pixel-based graphics throughout the years, and it can even be fun sometimes. ;)

If you got a idea, i'd be happy to help you out with the design, as long as the work doesn't become too tedious or time-consuming...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-17-2003 at 04:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Junk,

Thank you very much for offer your help concerning the design of graphics.
Unfortunately, even if I am curious about the strings of programming, I am completely inexperienced, especially as we must do something very accurate for the eJukebox homepage! I don't think I will be able to add your graphics to a new html page even with Dreamweaver. The one I have posted here is only a copy of the original generated by eJukebox and after altered with my "Showcase" idea. Currently I am incapable of doing a completely new one starting from zero. Clearly, I would not you waste your time...
But you, as you have already made your own sites, maybe you could do that?

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-17-2003 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well now I've understood a bit more how to use Dreamweaver... I've even created my first html page with a CSS style sheet! In fact the principle is quite simple and even funny. The powerful of CSS style sheets is evident. Dreamweaver is really a great program. My error was to want to start with an existing page which is too complex to see basic principles. It's better to start from a blank page and progressively add elements (arrays and their contents) one by one.
But I don't know the delay before I can produce a honourable result, if I persevere... My eJukebox homepage is still in embryo! Furthermore the design question is not so easy...

Thanks.

junk

posted on 8-17-2003 at 11:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
hehe, yes, it can be quite fun... well, anyway; the main issue is how the site should be... how it should appear, interact etc.... if you have ideas, i'd be happy to help you develop.

It doesn't matter if you don't know little or much about html in the first place; if you have a vision of how is should be like, then that is the important part.

How would people like the site to be? That's a whole other topic, though... :)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-19-2003 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Concerning the new design I dry up a bit... I do have made a beginning of a new homepage, but aesthetics is still not good. Personnaly usually I always have a foundness for sobriety but not harshness! I like the nice things with some pure and warm lines. A little as the Windows XP style(!) or the Audiosoft forums (I like the colors of the default theme). I think they (Microsoft) have been inspired by the Linux graphic interface which is great since a long time contrary to windows. I think we must make round figure, give volume by lighting, put some color shading... all that maybe around a musical theme embellished with a touch of fun? But it's a whole art!
What you think guys?

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats