Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: eJukebox loops when it can't find the next file...
junk

posted on 8-14-2003 at 06:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox loops when it can't find the next file...

As i mentioned in another post, i put on eJukebox on random play before i go to bed.

However, last night i renamed an album folder - without rebuilding the database.
During the night, eJukebox tried to play a song from this album... it couldn't find it, gave up, and played the last song it could play .. forever and ever.

Imagine how it feels to be stuck in a nightmare where the same 2-minute song plays again and again and again... for eight hours straight. :o

For the sake of my sanity, please let eJukebox skip to the next working file instead. I beg you... my mind cannot handle another night of such unspeakable horror. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-15-2003 at 06:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also have experienced this kind of brainwashing, but luckly in the daytime. I am safe! Well, I think? :o :o :o...

:cool: Pirk
junk

posted on 7-1-2004 at 10:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
God, now this has happened two nights in one week. This night a quite calm jazz song played all night, but the week before, an angry, two-minute raging punk song from Hüsker Dü played all night long. In both cases i didn't realise it until i woke up and checked eJ, but i know it annoyed me still. Subconsciously, and in my dreams, this song haunted me.

I know the problem wouldn't occur if i rebuild all the time, but a much better fix would be to just let eJ skip until it found a file it could play, and then continue as normal.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Fishy

posted on 7-2-2004 at 11:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think you can wave goodbye to this subliminal madness you're experiencing.Don't know it's too late though. Don't know with you Pirk, but Junk has behaved quite weird lately :D Jackass inspired stunts and Self inducted pain as a result of that raging punk music I think..
Just kidding..

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-3-2004 at 09:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy, as i still have my old eJukebox database, but not the mp3s... your blank mp3 will be very useful for me!! I just hope you haven't included any subliminal sound in it, in order to finish me off? :D

NB: For those who have read my last posts and possibly begin to wonder...: I just want to add that if i've lost my mp3s, it's only because of a crash of one of my hard drives. That can still happen to anyone...
I haved so many mp3s that all my hard drives was saturated! No more room for backups... Never do like me!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-3-2004 at 05:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Under v3.88, when missing files are attempted to be played, added to the playlist, or auto-played they will be deleted from the database and the next song will play instead. So eJukebox will no longer suffer from playback stoppage or Winamp Open File Dialogs when encountering a missing file.

v3.88 also adds a "Remove Missing Files" function to the Update Database Manager. There is a new "Clean/Refresh" button on the manager that allows you to access this feature, which will quickly remove all missing files from the database.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 7-3-2004 at 09:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ah... lovely. The remaining stumps of my sanity might be kept safe after all. :)
Fishy

posted on 7-4-2004 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk: I've used the same tequnique for some time now.. Mp3's at all my partitions.. But your pain has inspired me to get hold of a new drive as fast as possible.. Been a lot of thunder and lightening up here lately ...

Junk: What sanity? Like you ever had one? :D

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
junk

posted on 7-4-2004 at 09:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The remaining stumps, Fishy... the remaining stumps. ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-4-2004 at 09:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fishy, i think it's a good decision... Personally, i regret to haven't buy another drive sooner, but it's a vicious circle: all these mp3s which wait for download! :D Well, concerning to me i think a new computer would be urgent! I would not to bring you bad luck but i've realized that hard drives are very fragile and espacially unforeseeable!!
If my misfortune can at least save others... that would comfort me a bit. :)

I'm just afraid that current computers be more noisy than my old PII, no?
Now it exists some 400Gb drives! I shake already...
Do you think 2 disks in RAID 1 Mirror is the best solution possible; or a 2nd drive reserved for manual backups is more secure?
Unless backup on DVD-RWs be the best solution? but it's boring with CDs...
Willum

posted on 7-4-2004 at 10:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe this is a solution ???

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10118 :cool:
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-4-2004 at 10:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
1 Terabyte? only!?... ;)
What insanity... i would prefer safety in first!
jhlurie

posted on 7-5-2004 at 05:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Under v3.88, when missing files are attempted to be played, added to the playlist, or auto-played they will be deleted from the database and the next song will play instead. So eJukebox will no longer suffer from playback stoppage or Winamp Open File Dialogs when encountering a missing file.

v3.88 also adds a "Remove Missing Files" function to the Update Database Manager. There is a new "Clean/Refresh" button on the manager that allows you to access this feature, which will quickly remove all missing files from the database.

This solution actually troubles me a bit. I do something not that uncommon--use files over a network. Occasionally a network problem makes a file temporarily unavailable. If eJ deletes database entries every time it can't a file, I can see a future of living in terror about intermittent network problems and constant paranoia over potential missing db entries.

Isn't there a possible middle road for this--perhaps forcing the playlist to ignore the song for that session and keeping a log somewhere of the perceived missing files, with a resolution option? Automatic functions can be quite dangerous and/or annoying if they go wrong...
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-5-2004 at 06:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think you are right jhlurie...

Maybe the manual "Remove Missing Files" function of the Update Database Manager would be sufficient. Or else, if at least the "auto-remove" function was optional...
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-5-2004 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good point jhlurie,

We have updated it so that under v3.88 eJukebox does not remove missing files from the database if the file is on a networked drive...it will just skip over the song and play the next available one. The only time it will remove missing networked files is if you manually use the new "Remove Missing Files" button.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jhlurie

posted on 7-8-2004 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks. It's just a fact of life with networks that you always have transitory problems. :P

BTW: Will it still know I'm using off a network if I'm using a mapped drive? I gave up UNC recently, because eJ seemed a bit friendlier with a mapping.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-8-2004 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox will consider it a network file if it is on a mapped drive or a UNC...either way it will not automatically remove the file from the database if the network path goes down.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats