Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Database Maintenance
cbsoundman

posted on 7-31-2003 at 08:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Database Maintenance

Maybe these question were posed but, I don't remember where and what was said. I am looking for the following functionality:

Getting E-Jukebox to stop playing completely rather than just pause. For instance, I am going through and finishing editing up tags on my existing collection and in the same token, I am wanting to listen to a new batch to make sure they are all right. Right now, I set the volume on E-Jukebox to zero and use Winamp3 to preview the new stuff. It starts right back up if it is paused once you finish editing the file. I would prefer that the program not be opening up MP3s since all I want to do is fix album covers and fill in missing info--why waste the CPU cycles.

I would like to know what happens when you edit a file that has the "Read Only" attribute active. Does it only modify the database or does it modify the file? If it modifies the file--not good.

Next, there seems to be about a five second pause once the file's information appears on the edit screen before I can start using the screen. I am not sure why this happens and I have disabled "read-only" on the files and they are locally stored on a hard drive (USB external but, I would think that would be OK). OS is Win2K Pro and it is up to date. PC is ~550MHz but, I don't think this would be too processor intensive.

And finally...does this database perform any kind of compacting or reindexing to help it run faster. Album refreshes are killing me at about 1500 albums in the list. (This is a major reason that I am begging to page the album list.)

Other than that (and I admit that is a lot)...I really do like the program. I do recommend it to users who have been interested and it is a big hit at parties since you don't have to man the DJ table if you don't want to and it is simple enough a user can just pick the song they want to use.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats