Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The classic genre, year etc. out of logic
Fishy

posted on 5-29-2011 at 04:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The classic genre, year etc. out of logic

Audiosoft, let us fix this once and for all?

When people choose e.g. 2010 and wants to filter their songlist or albumlist on a specific genre or year we usally mean it. We do not want artists with '2010' in theiir name, We want albums which have a tag of 2010 in the year tag (nothing more nothing less). If you choose year --> 2010 you want solely music from the year 2010. I cannot see any other rationale. The problem is that it is not the way ej works currently. It fuzzes with genres, years etc.

I think this should be fixed. I think this should apply to the album list closed, open whatever. It is very strange the way it functions currently, and looking around the forum it seems that most people would like it to work in the obvious way.

At least make options for it that could make it totally tag dependable. Though I cannot see why people who sort on a year would like' albums friom 1966 with '66' in their names'. Independently of options. So this system needs a total rework as I perceive it.

Cheers

Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-29-2011 at 04:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the reason it is that way by default is not everyone has the genre and year tags. i like that EJ includes songs with the year in the album name. 80's tracks especially.

uncheck Fuzzy on the OTHER tab and check 'Only Show matching songs' at the bottom of the Genre and Year menu
doesn't that make it tag dependable for the genre/year?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 5-29-2011 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I do not think that unchecking fuzzy is fixing this entirely and makes it totally tag dependent?

I do understand that you want to make ej to work out of the box without all tags in place for most people. But are there some additional options which could be added to make sorting totally tag dependent?

No need to enable this by default of course,

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-29-2011 at 04:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Check 'Only Show matching songs' on bottom of GENRE button menu
did you?

with unchecked fuzzy...what are you clicking that shows not tag dependent?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fishy

posted on 5-29-2011 at 05:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft, this generally works with genre. But with 'year' this gives me songs fron 1997, 2001, and several other years. Even when I choose 2010, 2008 or any other specific year.

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-29-2011 at 05:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
even after you check the "Only show matching songs" on the year button menu?

Fishy

posted on 5-29-2011 at 05:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Case closed.

Sorry Audiosoft. Seems like this has been fixed. I havw not actively used these menu options, but they seem to do what I want. Thanks :)

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-29-2011 at 05:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
no problem. more power to correct tags! enjoy!

nobby

posted on 6-30-2011 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Genre, year etc.

Hi,
I encounter similar problems which I discovered when I started my preparation for next week's 50's party. An artist, e.g. 5000 Volts, appears under 50s, although the year is tagged correctly as 1975. Since I work as a DJ I have a full documentation of each title indluding year, genre, comments - well over 6000.

However, my main problem is that although EJukebox recognizes all my (individual) tags in the Options, only about 25% are shown under genre. But ALL tags have been generated with mp3tag.

Why is this so and can it be solved?

Nobby
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2011 at 04:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
do you mean that EJukebox only displays 25% of your genres on the Genre button? if so that is because it shows your most populous genres so that the menu can fit on the screen.
it should show the genre tag correct in the editor if you right click the song in EJ or if you search for the genre name in the search box also by clicking the genre column in the songlist

nobby

posted on 6-30-2011 at 08:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
...tags of any lenghts are shown or not. I do not know why some are shown and others not - it is not size-dependent.

When I open the editor the tag field is empty, but I can open the tag menu and chose from my tag selection. However, it does not make too much sense to retag 75% of my files. All tags are correct when I use for example the audioshell editor (explorer extension).

See picture:
http://www.bidoo.de/is.php?i=141626&img=2751EJukebox.jpg

Nobby

nobby has attached this image:
EJukebox.jpg - 72.44kb
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2011 at 08:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tools->Options->Other tab un-check Enable Fuzzy Songlist Results

for the missing genre names...what file type are those .mp3 or something else?
if you like you can attach a song where the genre is not showing in ejukebox but shows elsewhere and i will analyze it to see if i can isolate any problem.

nobby

posted on 7-1-2011 at 08:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have unchecked "fuzzy..." - it works - thank you.

As to the genres: Newly tagged or retagged titles seem to work.

Most of my tags are saved as ID3v1 and ID3v2.4, a few with IDv2.3. I have send a sample file to contact@... for review.

it seems that there is a problem with Windows 7 and ID3v2.4 tags, and that EJukebox is using Windows functionality. I use Traktor 2 for professional DJing, and Traktor converts ID3v2.3 to *2.4. This may explain why the newly tagged files work since they have not yet been analyzed and subsequently converted by Traktor.

I use EJukebox for more relaxed or interactive parties for letting the guests find and chose and then play their favorites. Apparently it requires ID3v2.3?.

Nobby

EDIT: I have just converted all tags to V2.3, and they now are all displayed. So it is a problem of IDTv2.4. it is not a very big issue (just extra work) if Traktor and EJukebox are on different PCs, but on the same PC it means double files (50 GB). Any workaround?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2011 at 07:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for the mp3....i will look into id3v2.4
in your experience was only GENRE missing from id3v2.4 tags in EJukebox?
or were other tag fields also missing from v2.4's?

nobby

posted on 7-1-2011 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So far I have only noticed the genres. Rating does not show up either, however, this value seems to be stored usually in the player rather than in the tag. And as far as I know there is no consens on this tag and handled in different formats by the players. It is not really important to me - may be for others. But it seems to be more complex.

I tested the genre issue by a batch conversion with mp3tag and then rebuilt the database.

Nobby
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2011 at 08:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok thank you for reporting
i will try to get the genre working for id3v2.4 in the next EJukebox update

nobby

posted on 7-1-2011 at 09:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
THANKS!
peleus

posted on 1-19-2013 at 06:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
����ԭʼ��¼�ˣ� Fishy
Case closed.

Sorry Audiosoft. Seems like this has been fixed. I havw not actively used these menu options, but they seem to do what I want. Thanks :)

Sorry to bump this old thread. What was the fix?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats