Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album image size is smaller in v3.27???
stsirois

posted on 7-21-2003 at 03:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album image size is smaller in v3.27???

I finally upgraded from v3.01 to today's current version of v3.27. My motherboard in my HTPC died back a few months ago, but I've finally revived by precious HTPC. Anyway, I noticed that with the upgrade to v3.27 (it was actually the full install version of v3.27) that the album cover images in the album view all have a white border around them of a few pixels. When an album is highlighted, the color of the border turns to blue. This automatic white border decreases the size of the image ever so slightly. I don't believe this was the case in v3.01, especially since I noticed that during the process of eJ finding all of my music files again, I noticed the previously saved images (from v3.01) were showing up. When eJ finished finding all of the images it could find, the white borders appeared.

This is not a huge deal, but to me, it looked much better when the white border did not exist. The highlighting blue border is OK as long as it "overlays" itself over the album image rather than eating into the scarce real estate of the album image. Actually, if the blue border could appear around the cover art, that would be best.

Thanks,
Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-21-2003 at 06:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,
I just want to report I don't have any white border or other color decreasing the size of the album images in v3.27. Only a external border of 1 pixel a few pixels away. This border color can be changed in the album options menu. When an album is highlighted, the color of the empty space between the 1 pixel border and the image also turns to blue (can be also changed), but the album image is not eaten at all.
You can have a look at my screenshoot.

Thanks.

Pirk has attached this image:
albumlist.jpg - 130.82kb

:cool: Pirk
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-21-2003 at 06:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like also be able to completely remove the 1 pixel image external border. Because I think the album list could look much better whitout any border at all, especially when you have an image as background. Don't you think?

Thanks.

stsirois

posted on 7-21-2003 at 09:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the clarification, Pirk. Are you sure that Audiosoft didn't just decrease the size of the album image & stuck what looks like an external border around it? It could be an optical illusion either way. I agree with you that the borders should go away completely with the exception of the highlighting border, of course.

I think Audiosoft is on a summer vacation. Good for them, if that's the case. Haven't seen any posts from them in a while, so I guess we'll have to wait to getan answer on this issue.

Steve
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-21-2003 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If I am sure? Your Album list doesn't look like mine (none white border)?

And yes, I also think Audiosoft is in summer vacation :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-21-2003 at 10:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've made a test: I have measured a album image of the album list in Photoshop. It's something like 132x140 pixels. A bit strange, that's not square! My album images come from local sources. Originally they are 300x300 (perfect square).
So you are right Steve, eJ decrease and particularly DISTORT the images proportions! I don't know if these distortions happen only in case of local images? In any case, it's not normal! One more imperfection... :o

Thanks.

junk

posted on 8-26-2003 at 03:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess the reason is the database where eJukebox pulls the album images from, uses this 132x140 format. I've also noticed that those images have a higher level of contrast than the ones from allmusic.com. :)

But i wish there was a way eJukebox could display the images in a square format, as all my album covers are slightly stretched. A lot of long faces... hmm.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-26-2003 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi junk,

Thank you for relaunch this topic I haved forgotten.
You are right, I think the style is important too, at least for the sale(!).

I don't know the exact format of the images in the database. That would be strange if Audiosoft intentionally save them in this "hybrid" format. Is there a particular reason? Is that occur after a "unlucky" resizing of the ID3 images? Maybe Audiosoft think ID3 images as a minor case and they have never take care of that because they don't use a lot (or none...) on their system? Or else that give them too much work at the same time! You know I think they already work hard to improve their jewel!

Concerning the contrast, yes it seems you are right. I think maybe the images from allmusic are modified at the source on the site. But as I have only a few of them I can't really compare.

Audiosoft,

Is there a particular constraint that lead you to distort the album images? Otherwise eJukebox could have a smooth aspect more "professional" with square images.

What you think?

Thanks.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 8-26-2003 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
junk,

Rereading an old post of Audiosoft, I have seen allmusic images are in gif format and have some transparents colors. Maybe that could explain the lower contrast of allmusic images when the background is not white...
So like you says jpeg images are more profitables... if they appeared square in the eJukebox Album List, of course. :)

Thanks.

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats