Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Some covers are wrong
Dyno Don

posted on 2-3-2011 at 04:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Some covers are wrong

Audiosoft.
I know what I am doing with tags. I have 340 files in one directory, they are all tagged correctly, yet several songs show the album cover from another song. Song 1 has the right cover imbedded but it shows the cover from Song 2. If I load song 1 ONLY it gets it right. But all together it grabs the wrong cover. I took all and put each one in a separate directory, thinking it would isolate the files. But Song 1 still grabs the cover from song 2. There are several songs that grab covers from other songs. Consistently, no matter what I do, it gets the wrong one. If it matters the song 1 filename is Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes, and song 2 is Doors - Love Her Madly. There are two Doors songs in the folder, and they have different covers. Undisputed Truth only grabs the one from Love Her Madly. I replaced the cover pic in Love Her Madly, and now Undisputed Truth has the new Doors cover, not it's own. All other taggers (Tag and Rename , Zortam, WMP, Winamp) all show it right, just ej picks the wrong one. Why?

Don
Dyno Don

posted on 2-3-2011 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More testing.

Removing the Doors song. Now Undisputed Truth grabs a different cover completely. It must be the song itself. But why not blank if it can't get the cover?
crlove

posted on 2-3-2011 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
do you have a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the same folder as it may use those if it can't find it in the tag?
Dyno Don

posted on 2-4-2011 at 12:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, nothing, no WMP art files, just the MP3s. I had ej find the right cover, and now it is fine, but the other editor and players still see the other cover.. Strange.
Dyno Don

posted on 2-7-2011 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Anyone know where ej puts the cover? After ej puts the cover on a file, no other tagger or even wmp can find it. All my files are perfect. Yesterday for the before Superbowl Party, I played my new files. I checked each one in several programs, but when I put them in ej, all the covers were the same, Led Zeppelin 4. There is no other jpg in the folder with the files, Just mp3s. How can ej pick a cover for a file that doesn't exist? It seems to just decide "We will use this one today.." And once it decides, you can't shake it, even if you change the cover in the file, ej doesn't seem to notice.

I have spent days getting my files perfect. (In all players but ej.) and now I can't enjoy them. Any help on this tagging deal would be appreciated. WMP Winamp, XBMC, etc all agree on the cover for a file, but not ej.

Thanks

Don
Dyno Don

posted on 2-7-2011 at 02:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have attached a screen shot showing Windows Media Player, Winamp, and EJ all playing the same file. Ej has the cover as Al Green, even though the other two players have it correct as Billy Preston. In the carousel, you see the three Billy Preston covers. All three songs do have the same cover in the tag, but ej ignores it and grabs Al Greens picture from another mp3 for one of them. Just one, it gets the other two right. I do have several Al Green songs and they do have that cover. Short of tagging all 432 songs in this directory with ej (one at a time), I am lost.

Dyno Don has attached this image:
Bad Billy.jpg - 165.85kb
Dyno Don

posted on 3-7-2011 at 04:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bump

No one has this problem? I have tried and tried. It seems the only way to make sure ej gets the cover right is to do it one by one inside ej. Files play perfect with all covers right in every player but ej.
Can anyone confirm that covers set by Tag and Rename are screwed up when read by ej? Zortam shows many places a picture can be read from inside the tag. Which one is pulled by ej? Or does ej use Tags at all? I would try to set my 10s of thousands of files insdie ej, but then they don't have the tags right for Media player if I take my collection to a friends house who does not have ej installed. :)
Ej seems to store covers outside the file tag, no?

Thanks

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-27-2011 at 11:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don,

Album Cover Art is automatically downloaded for your songs when its not already in the id3 tag or in the folder as cover.jpg, folder.jpg, Front.jpg or thetracksfilename.jpg.
when using cover.jpg, folder.jpg, Front.jpg there can obviously only be 1 image in the same folder as the song files.

i am confused. Are your images embedded in the mp3 tag or in the folder as a .jpg file?
If there is a blue dot on the cover in EJ's song editor then it came from a .jpg folder file or the full image is embedded inside the tag. if there is no blue dot then it is an EJ looked-up image.

RE: Ej seems to store covers outside the file tag, no?

EJukebox stores a small reference inside the mp3 tag to the online image when it does auto lookup on files without an image. it does not write the image itself inside the file unless you drag an image to the 'now playing panel' or to the album image in the EJ song editor.

Also i think you know this by now but keep in mind; if you edit a mp3's image outside of EJukebox you will need to Rebuild the Database or atleast the Rebuild the Folder that song is in so EJ can get the new cover.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 3-30-2011 at 01:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That helps alot... Thanks.

Even though I have used several tools to check the tags, there must be another location eJ finds the cover in the Tag. In a test, I removed all tag information and let eJ look at them. It had to look up every cover, but once it did it got them right every time. So all my work getting the covers right is shot, I need to do it again from a fresh start to make sure there aren't any stray covers imbedded.
I will come back and let you know how it goes.
(It was the blue dot comment, on a bad cover the blue dot was there, indicating it got it from the tag. A-Ha!)

Thanks,
Don
Rainer

posted on 4-21-2011 at 05:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dyno Don,

I have the same problem and find no answer. I tested around for many days and canīt find a solution. If you find please let me know. I use mp3tag and it says that there are no covers embedded when the tags came from EJ. But EJ shows them with the blue dot as embedded. When I put the covers in the tag with mp3tag and says that this is a compilation album, EJ ignores all embedded covers and use a cover by itself, but which one is not clear. It could be any cover from a tag in a song. Also this cover is shown as album picture in EJ. If I tag all songs from a compilation album in EJ it seems to be o.k.. In the album-flow EJ uses the cover which is in the folder as "folder.jpg" and the single songs have their own covers. But when the last song in the compilation album is tagged with EJ, the album flow uses not longer the "folder.jpg" but any other cover from a song that is in the compilation album. ????????
peleus

posted on 3-2-2013 at 02:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Rainer, just wondering, were you able to find any luck on to this yet? Or perhaps a work around?
fredeo

posted on 12-24-2019 at 04:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
do you have a folder.jpg or cover.jpg in the same folder as it may use those if it can't find it in the tag?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats