Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Video Jukebox crashes after upgrade from 5.18 [Fixed v5.23]
Dyno Don

posted on 7-13-2010 at 04:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Video Jukebox crashes after upgrade from 5.18 [Fixed v5.23]

Audiosoft;
We have a problem that started after 5.18. This happens the same on two Video Ejukeboxes. Both Win 7. We use the internal player for videos, and use the position dialog box to play the videos on monitor 2. Since upgrading above 5.18 we cannot move the mouse over to monitor two without eJ crashing. A complete crash, no "we're sorry" or anything, it just disappears, and we can start it right back up. It didn't shut down, it crashed. Clicking boxes (like bookmarks) on Monitor one makes it crash too. Running our backup copy of 5.18, all is well, upgrade to 19 or 22 and crash. Selecting Winamp to play the videos doesn't seem to crash it, but winamp won't play all the videos.
Something got changed after 5.18...
Can you look into this?
Thanks,
Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-13-2010 at 07:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Please try this 5.22 R5 exe and let me know if it makes a difference for you

Replace over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 7-13-2010 at 09:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry Audiosoft,
Same result. Once the mouse crosses into monitor two, eJ disappears.

Thanks,
Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-13-2010 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK give R6 a try

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 7-13-2010 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No, not this one either. Sorry.

I did try it without monitor 2. The video plays in the album cover spot on monitor 1. As soon as the mouse crosses into the area where the video is, eJ disappears.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-13-2010 at 10:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
r7

Dyno Don

posted on 7-13-2010 at 11:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry,

It is more unstable too, just advancing to the next video kills it more times then not.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-13-2010 at 11:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
try this one and if the same try right clicking the play now icon for a video and see if the same problem for the mini video preview

Dyno Don

posted on 7-14-2010 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry,
Happens in both.

If I right click a little preveiw starts, if i move over it eJ vanishes.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok i think i found the bug
though it never caused a bug on my XP/Win7
what CPU do you have?

Here is R9

Dyno Don

posted on 7-14-2010 at 05:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still Happens :(

I have a 9650 Quad processor, the othe eJ runs a 6850, a Duo chip, Both are from the same family and both run at 3.0 Ghz. Just one is a quad, and one is a Duo

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 05:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok when you play a youtube it doesn't crash right?
can you use the mouse scroll wheel when the tube is focused to adjust the volume?

here is R10 made some more changes hopefully fixes it for you. let me know.

Dyno Don

posted on 7-14-2010 at 06:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Trying a video the same way gives the same response, move over the video and eJ disappears. I also disappears if you just click stuff in ej like normal.

You tube videos work fine.. !?!?!? Yes I can scroll the volume up and down with the wheel. Just play any of the videos in our 15k collection and pow!

Sorry , thanks for trying, something changed after 5.18. Tonight was my night with the gang over. 5.18 never had a problem all night.

11:15PM!!. I'll be back in the am. Thanks agian.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 07:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Don and Steve for reporting on this
this v5.22 should do the trick
let me know

Replace over your existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe

Dyno Don

posted on 7-14-2010 at 02:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sadly this doesn't fix it either. To help test I took an almost new Laptop with Win 7 on it, installed the trial and added a few of the videos (less than a hundred). The problem is there too.
I put the new .exe on it and it won't start. I have tried every trick in the book, deleting the ini, deleting the db file, no luck. it "stops working" at "loading artist list, or, interface".

I will keep trying to make it run on the laptop, but meanwhile the newest fix didn't fix the main jukebox and it's problem for me, sorry. You can make it happen just by picking new videos, ie hit the next button. Just do it once or twice and ej disappears. You might think "oh he doesn't know how to make his videos run..." but I have two 5.18 machines (this is one of them) perfectly stable that runs for hours and hours without a bobble. So the machine can play them, something is different in eJ.

Thanks for your time,

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK the video mouse over crash bug is fixed! :D
Please confirm!

v5.23 is now up with this fix on audiosoft.net/download.htm full install and upgrade links . will update the page to say v5.23 and will activate Live update later tonight if no problem reported.

Dyno Don

thumbup.gif posted on 7-14-2010 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ta -Da! Success

It is working, but I took a strange way to get here. I will explain. We always have tried to make sure we are safe in case of data loss (bookmarks) and settings by making a copy of the eJ directory once in a while.
So I have my working dir with 18 in it, it works fine. Each time you posted another .exe, I would replace the current .18 .exe with the one you provided, saving a copy of the .18. When the fix failed, I would copy the .18 back and test. It always worked.
Today I have your 22r12. I put it in place of the .18 and it did it again!! Now I am concerned, you say it is fixed and for me it isn't. Is it me? So I went to the site, where you said you had put the new version as 23. I dl'ed a whole new install in a different dir. and after setting up monitor two it works fine! I looked at the 22r12.exe and it is 2904 kb (or so). The 23 included with the release version is a few kb bigger. So I grabbed that one and replaced 22 r12 with 23. DATABASE CORRUPTION! Must have been something I did I say, so I delete the eJ directory (after rebooting, ej leaves something open and you can't delete the ej directory even if ej is shut down, once it runs that's it. I think it is the wingding file that won't release) Anyway I put a copy of the working .18 directory in the right spot, copied the .23 .exe from the full version download over the .18, and boom, good to go.

So at what point was it not going to work anymore at all? Was it 23, or back at 20? We won't know, except thanks to you for the time and diligence to see this bug through. I have only done a few tests, but I wanted you to get an anwser ASAP. I will now go back out to the garage and thrash it for a awhile :)

My partner with the other Video eJ is waiting for us to figure it out, I will tell him to do a fresh install, copy over bookmarks and rebuild.

And for those of you you followed the long winded story above, congrats!

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 10:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great glad that did it!
I was sure it would. There was a problem in the code i should have noticed but was looking in the wrong place. i kept trying things in the code i knew i changed when i should have been looking in the code i did not realize i accidentally changed. i got confused because it never crashed for me on win7 or xp. sorry for all the non fixing exes and thanks for sticking with me and reporting this.

Dyno Don

posted on 7-14-2010 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was worried it was my setup, with all the tweaks needed to play every video.. and of course the other ej is almost identically setup so... I was concerned I had YOU chasing a bug no one else had.
One other thing. Every fix required me to click OK to run it. A Windows security type box. The .23 doesn't. Hmmm.

Thanks again. We love it. Being a real fanatic about our collection I am constantly on the lookout for a new fancy Video Jukebox. But no one makes one. Not like eJ. No one has come close to the ease of use. Particularly, we can have folks add to the playlist without disturbing what is playing. You can see the playlist AND the Song lists AT THE SAME TIME. (No I am not actively looking for a replacement, but I found eJ searching...)

We added a mix of MP3s to the Videos, songs we must have but can't find a video for. We run a web browser logged into eJ on monitor two about the size of the playlist in eJ. When the Video IS NOT playing folks get to see the nice display with the cover of what is playing now and the next several in the list. Better than static wallpaper!

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2010 at 11:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Actually steve102 reported this a little before you did so i knew it was a real problem when you posted but it never crashed me.
i think the bug caused it to crash only when quicktime was not installed (which is a playback option for the youtube streams)

btw the reason it makes you click OK is to run EJ as Administrator. when i run the full install on my windows 7 it works fine but always crashes on Loading Playback Device the very first time. (i have no idea why and debugging that is no help other than to let it continue). next time i run it works perfect even without admin. but on that first crash windows 7 prompts to reinstall using recommended settings or trys to find a solution both set EJ to always run as administrator...which is what makes you press OK. It should work from C:\EJukebox\ ok without admin rights...but then i think it might not let EJ update id3 tags depending on where the mp3s are stored. You can force it to always run as adminstrator from the compatibility tab after right clicking -> properties on the ejukebox.exe

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats