Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Play the dang Playlist already mode ;)
CiXel

posted on 5-30-2010 at 03:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Play the dang Playlist already mode ;)

If I have a playlist in the order I want it, is there anyway to load it into bookmark mode, maintain track order and just start on in without having to wait for EJ to parse the entire thing? Maybe let it parse it in the background...

Problem I'm running into at the moment is there must be an entry in the Playlist that EJ doesn't like (but Winamp has no problem with), as a result the playlist import is just hanging.

I've tried importing the m3u into various players and exporting from there and EJ is still hanging.

As an alternate, is there some log that is populated that could tell me either on what file EJ is hanging on, or how far it's gotten so I can see what the NEXT entry would be that it's hanging on?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-31-2010 at 01:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
anything unusual in the m3u?
Can you upload the m3u so i can take a look?

Also have you tried the playlist MENU button and Load Playlist first to see if that loads them all? It may be that one of the songs is not in the database yet and that method should ensure that it gets added so that is able to be loaded in autoplay.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CiXel

posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The m3u is a straight up M3U.
Attached.

I had initially tracked it down to getting stuck on line 178 [Interpol- PDA] by trial and error (keep making the sample size smaller until it breaks). Once I removed that it got farther, but it got caught up later down the line. I didn't have the time to trouble shoot the next hiccup line.

As a workaround, I ended up changing the directory name and using a custom genre and doing a database update against that particular directory. I then made a custom mode playlist against that custom genre. That worked well.

Today I tried importing the playlist again, and after 30 minutes doing whatever it was doing, it finally was playable.

So that's good news.

Something seems off with this process though. It should not take this long to start in on a playlist. This also takes place when loading the M3U from the menu screen.

I'm happy to help track this down. Let me know if there is anything I can provide or do.

Attachment: EJTest.m3u (145.33kb)
This file has been downloaded 969 times

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats