Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Exclude Artists/Albums
Rich

posted on 7-6-2003 at 10:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Exclude Artists/Albums

I would like a feature to exclude more albums/artists than what is currently offered through the Custom Mode.

Perhaps you would consider a right click option in the artist list to "exclude artist" from ever making the random play rotation. Or in the album view, have a right click option to exclude the artist or album from ever making the random play rotation.

This option could be toggled on or off, and the arist could be listed in RED to show that it's entirely excluded, or contains albums that are.

I enjoy most of the music I have, but there are artists / albums that I want to listen to just once in awhile, and some of my albums contain objectionable lyrics or be of a genre that doesn't appeal to everyone.

I think this would be a great way to enjoy random listening without creating playlists to filter out the riff-raff.

Thanks,
Rich
Dyno Don

posted on 7-7-2003 at 11:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes!! I agree. Sometimes the "my gang" music doesn't agree with "my family" music. I am afraid to leave it in pop mode with the kids around. Bad enough I have to rename some tunes so when they show up on the popular list in front of the kids I don't have to quickly close it.
Someway to tag a song or artist to never play in pop mode would be very helpful.

Thanks
Don
kfeDaddy2k

posted on 7-8-2003 at 01:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, an option to exclude artist, album, or title via some sort of checkbox or right click menu options would be perfect.

I agree with you both, there's only so much "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" one can take while showing off your system to friends. :)

I have tried Audiosoft's suggestion of excluding an artist in the custom mode, and including Pop Mode settings, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be working. Even though "Include Popular Mode Settings" is checked, if I close eJukebox and then open it back up, it plays all songs in the database except for those specifically excluded in custom mode (pop mode settings are not used). I can switch to pop mode and then back to custome mode and it works fine then, but I don't like doing that each time I open the software.

Just a thought,
Kurt
Rich

posted on 10-28-2003 at 05:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok, I've been giving this some more thought lately, and I have a suggestion for a place to start with filtering 'not so popular' songs from playing in Popular mode:

How about right click options "Exlude Song" and "Exclude Album" to songs / albums from Pop mode, and when clicked, it writes a flag in the tag (or the DB if easier). Then in Options - Custom Mode - Play Songs Where: you could add the field "Excluded". This way when Excluded is selected, those tagged albums / songs won't get played.

All the songs would still appear with no need to hide them from any listing. You can keep track of what's been excluded by including a marker (checkmark or dot) next to "Exclude Song" and "Exclude Album" in the right click menu, or add a graphic that could be seen in the song listings denoting a song or album as excluded.

Is this overkill with the rating system that's in place? I was thinking this, but there are tons of songs that to me, are 4 to 5 star quality, but I still wouldn't want to play them in a random rotation under most circumstances.

Just continuing to throw this one out there,
-Rich
junk

posted on 10-28-2003 at 01:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The last suggestion sounds like a good one. I'd like to do this with at least the music I've composed myself... I don't want to hear my own singing, guitar-playing or screaming with friends sneaking up on me from behind. Rather than filling up or expanding the custom parameters with "do not play artist" variables, a simple "Exclude from rotation" setting for artist, song or album would be perfect.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats