Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: When setting local file as album image - open the file dialogue in the same folder as the mp3's
junk

posted on 7-2-2003 at 11:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When setting local file as album image - open the file dialogue in the same folder as the mp3's

I've been trying to use eJukebox's own "Set Local or Internet file as Album / Id3 Image" lately, and it works all right.

But it would be so much easier if the file requester opened in the same folder as the album you are working on - maybe even suggesting the name "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" if it existed.

It's tedious to navigate your way back and forth through tons of folders to find the right one. This function would definately make things a lot easier for me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
jhlurie

posted on 7-3-2003 at 04:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" isn't going to be very practical unless you have exactly one album per directory.

What makes more sense to me is that it assumes that the jpeg is named the same thing as the Album. You'd get an occasional problem with identically named albums, but then again this would only be a default. So, for example, the assumed default image name for the The Cure album "Boys Don't Cry" would be "Boys Don't Cry.jpg"--by default in the same directory as the track you are currently editing.
junk

posted on 7-3-2003 at 05:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess the folder structure of how how we organize our mp3's are quite individual.

For me, its:
Artist \ Albumname \ (.mp3 + cover.jpg)

But we agree on the requester opening in the same folder, anyhow, which is the vital thing to me. ;) However, if it opened with a filter for images (*.jpg *.gif *.png etc..) it would be just as good for me.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Dyno Don

posted on 7-3-2003 at 07:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also agree. It is halfway there. When I click on the album name info it opens to allmusic and ready with album name inserted. I navigate to album and save the cover to my album directory. When I ask eJ to use a file it goes right there. But if you just want to add one you already have, it is tedious drilling down to the right album.
I use the Artist/Album dir structure as well. The artist list goes on and on.

The dialog box for navigating to a album dir for me shows me maybe thirty at once and I have to navigate SIDEWAYS thirty at a time to get where I want. It would be much easier to just give a vertical list with scroll bar.

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-8-2003 at 01:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : junk
But we agree on the requester opening in the same folder, anyhow, which is the vital thing to me. ;) However, if it opened with a filter for images (*.jpg *.gif *.png etc..) it would be just as good for me.

I would like this way too.

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats