Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Album Art Problem
heliosten

posted on 12-27-2009 at 02:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Album Art Problem

I've upgraded to the newest version of Ejukebox and at the same time I've moved it to a new computer.

I've had a large harddrive of mp3s (approx. 300 GB) that I have been using on both the old and new computers without a problem. Today I decided to add some new music to the drive. I went through my usual process of tagging the files with Tag & Rename and embedding the album art to the mp3 files with Mp3 Tag Tools. Normally I have no problems...all of the album are shows as it should, but with this new batch of files (around 3 GB), none of the cover art show. Has there been a change in eJukebox that would cause this issue? I even tried another program to embed the album art, but the same issue is occurring. The last time I added files this way was at least 8 months ago and it worked fine. Any ideas?
heliosten

posted on 12-27-2009 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This seems to be something a bit bigger. Now all of the album art has stopped showing after I did a refresh of the Album page. I even tried adding a cover.jpg to one of the folders and it doesn't show either.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-27-2009 at 10:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Which version of Windows are you using?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
heliosten

posted on 12-27-2009 at 04:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The laptop came with Windows 7...the old computer used XP. Could that be the issue?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-27-2009 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not sure i understand exactly. Do the first covers show up on the Win7 machine or do 0 show up? It could be a tag and rename setting might need to disable unicode.

Also on Win7 right -click EJ shortcut and run EJukebox as administator and make sure it is under C:\EJukebox\ and not Program files\

Also did you rebuild the folder (tools->update database->clean/refresh->rebuild folder) after you added the cover.jpg?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
heliosten

posted on 12-27-2009 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
When I first installed eJukebox on the Windows 7 machine, the cover art showed. I refreshed the album view and they all disappeared and will not show up again.

I'll give your suggestion a try and let you know how it works. The eJukebox IS installed in the Program Files directory so I will change that.

I would prefer to stick with embedded album art rather than the cover.jpg...that has always worked fine unless you changed something in the newest version.

I'll get back to you as soon as I make your suggested changes.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-27-2009 at 10:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Installing to C:\EJukebox\ should do the trick. Really C:\anyname\
This is do to the Vista and Win7 UAC deleting cached cover art images when EJ is installed under program files. Program Files UAC also breaks the skin edit menu and some other things so just install to C:\ and everything stays in one place

heliosten

posted on 12-27-2009 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well I moved the installation to the root of c:\ rebuilt the database and it looks like everything is showing the way it should. Didn't realize that having the app on the / made that much difference...I am just used to keeping everything in Program Files. Appreciate the help.

By the way, if I haven't said it before, you have a heck a nice little application here. There are a lot of other jukebox programs out there these days, but I don't think any of them even come close to what you have been able to code. Very nice job!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-27-2009 at 10:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great! Glad to help!

heliosten

posted on 1-10-2010 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still having some odd issues with this.

I added a couple GB of new music to the hard drive, added them to eJukebox and again, once I refreshed the Album View, the new cover art did not show. I refreshed again and ALL the album art disappeared. I rebuilt the database and all cover art was still missing. I went into the eJukebox directory and deleted the database, let eJukebox scan the hard drive and everything is working again.

Is there something in Windows 7 that would be causing this? Like I said, once the changes that we discussed upthread were made, everything worked fine. It was when I added new music to the database that the problem occurred.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats