Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tag Info Not Sticking
shrip

posted on 6-30-2003 at 11:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tag Info Not Sticking

I've read numerous threads about tag info and the database. I used Tag & Rename and cleared all the tags from my MP3s. I then rebuilt the database, checking the box that says not to restore old album data, and still the old stuff is restored even when there are no tags at all. I don't know what to do, I've tried almost everything...any help????? Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2003 at 07:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What exactly is being restored (artist-title, album names, images, popularity data)?
Why do you want all your tags empty anyways?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shrip

posted on 7-1-2003 at 09:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Artist, Title, Album Names, & Images are being restored. I don't want my tags empty. I deleted them as a test to see if it was my tags causing the problem. Even when all tags are empty the info still shows up in eJukebox. Many of the song's titles in the title box show up as Artist - Title, instead of just the title.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-1-2003 at 11:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If the tag is empty eJukebox will try to use the file name to get the correct artist and title name...for that to work the file name must be in the following format artist-title.mp3.

If you rebuilt the database and selected the "Do no restore old album data" the only images that should show up are ones that are encoded inside your tags - not eJukebox lookedup images.

Why do you want all your album covers to be blank anyways? Are planning to fill in all your tags and album images with Tag&Rename (or eJukebox's Editor)?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shrip

posted on 7-2-2003 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sorry I must to be clarifying myself. I don't want any of my tags or images empty, that was done purely for testing and trying to figure out the problem. My point is that songs, even when tag info is blank, will have the old info. For example, 50 Cent, the file name is: 50 Cent - Heat.mp3 , all the tag info is blank, but when I rebuild the database, check "do not restore old album info" it shows up in eJukeBox as the artist as 50 Cent, which is right, but then the title is 50 Cent - Heat, instead of just Heat, then the album name is Get Rich or Die Trying (bootleg). Where is this information getting derived, not from the file name and not from the tag info. It seems like the database is not really updating. HOpefully that clarifies my problem a little better. Thanks for the quick responses!
shrip

posted on 7-11-2003 at 02:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK. So now I've gone through all my songs and edited them so they have the correct Artist, Title, Year, Track, Album, and album cover. If I want to rebuild my database do I check the box for "don't restore old album info" or not? Will I lose all my edited info? Just want to make sure, so I don't lose all the info I spent hours entering. Thanks!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats