Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Artist collaborations groupings
junk

posted on 6-27-2003 at 05:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Artist collaborations groupings

I just added three new albums with Stan Getz, and each one gets its own category, because the artist names are
"Stan Getz with Charie Byrd"
"Stan Getz/Joao Gilberto"
"Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto"

Now, it's easy to guess what i want. :) I want them to be grouped together, in the Album List. I know i can rename the artist names to Stan Getz, but that would be wrong.

I have the same thing with many other artists, where i'd like this one collaboration album to be grouped with the rest.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-27-2003 at 10:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you click on the artist name "Stan Getz with Charie Byrd" or "Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto" doesn't it list all 3 of the artists together?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 6-28-2003 at 09:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh, yeah, it definately does that - which is a great thing! But... i was talking about when in Album List mode... but i don't really know how this trick should be performed, as I'd both lick to have the albums placed next to each other, but i wouldn't want all to be placed under the headline of "Stan Getz and Charlie Byrd" either.

Well, i can't really think of a good solution that wouldn't include making groups where the albums would be aligned next to another.. but this is getting out of hand. ;)

But as another example, i have one album by Bleep - which i'd like to be put along with my huge Biosphere collection - as Bleep was his first artist name.

This is the way i've sorted them in my shelves in real life --- maybe it's just a habit of organisation, but it makes sense to me. ;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member junk's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger junk's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-28-2003 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you change the album list options to "Do Not Group Albums by Artist" then Sort by "Artist, Album" it should place all these albums next to each other. Though you will loose the large display of the artist name text above the albums.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
junk

posted on 6-29-2003 at 08:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hehe, i tried it, and allthough it was an interesting feature, it became hard to find the artist i was looking for. But if i had the "jump to letter" function requested in
http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=212

just like in Windows Explorer or a file dialogue, for instance - if i pressed 'l', it would jump to the first artist that began with 'l', and skip to next if i pressed 'l' one more time. ... then i might grow to like this mode. ;)

(haha - feel a bit like i am taking advantage of the situation now... - drawing the attention to an old post that noone seem to bother with in the first place. ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats