Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: EJukebox 5.0 Released
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-24-2009 at 07:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
EJukebox 5.0 Released

EJukebox 5.0 is up! :D
Thanks to everyone for all the testing, bug reports and suggestions!

Download EJukebox_v5.0_Setup.exe Full Installers v 5.0.0.10

If you have full installed 5.0 already you can download the 5.0.0.10 ejukebox.exe HERE and Save and Replace over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe file

What's new in v5.0.0.10 - November 5th 2009
-fixes issues with flashing on win7
-updated to get rid of white flashes flickering on a-z click with albumlist open, album list close/open and others
-updated internal browser to fix title flickering and slow loading of sites with iframes
-updated to reposition album and songlist scrollbuttons faster
v5.0.0.8
-better error correction
-made Drag cover image from EJ web browser and Drop on Editor or Now Playing work with IE8 cached images
-can now type/paste a local file path in the url box under 'Use image from' button on the editor

What's new in v5.0.0.6 - November 3th 2009
-new "Video Position" button on the Sound tab. New Dialog options to Lock the video poisition and size
-when shelf3d and flash not installed now switches to the carousel so prompts to autoinstall flash without restarting on first time install
-fixes showing main options panel was freezing after song changes and playlist updates
-songlist scrollbuttons now re-align faster
-virtual keyboard now draws to the screen faster on open

What's new in v5.0 - October 27th 2009
-A5 Skin updated
-new skin optional webshadow.png now in A5 Silver for top of the browser that stretches to width when in full width browser mode
-fixed demoartists with leading THE were sometimes showing up twice
-fixed Home view UpTime count was showing negative number after a day
-changed Legacy skin album list background image to blue stars so it gets used for first time lookup
-updated A5 Silver's small play pause and ff icons for now playing panel
-updated A5 Silver's lookup.jpg image
-updated A5 Silver's homeback2.png to be 20% more transparent
-updated A5 Silver's artist list to center align text
-updated bottom edge of superedv.jpg and nowplaying background image
-exe 5.0.0.4 fixed it so video files get searched by default
-exe 5.0.0.5 Updates - Nov 3rd 2009
-fixes video display was not showing on return from minimize
-fixes some png skin elements were showing on minimize when tray only and no taskbar
-fixes ejukebox was stealing focus from 3d game when tray only
-fixes remove and modify license button sometimes not showing
-fixes prevent playback stoppage was not working in Kiosk mode when play controls disabled

What's new new in v5.0 RC1 ~ since v4.99.987 - October 24th, 2009
-new Display tab option "Show in Taskbar". Can now have always taskbar, taskbar and tray when minimized, or always EJ tray icon and no taskbar
-fixed superedv.jpg from previous skin was being used when switched to a skin without the file.
-as with the playlist can now use playmodeupnextbacX.jpg and queuebaclongX.jpg in nowplaying.dis and the non X image will now be stretched as X.jpg to match now playing/playlist width
-fixed demoartists was putting leading THE's under T in artist list
-fixed sizing issues with large album list image size
-Home View now shows EJukebox session UpTime
-added 2010's to Year Menu
-renamed all eJukebox text to EJukebox
-renamed Default to Legacy Skin on the menu.
-fixed long skin menu when tons of skins was not able to scroll to first menu items
-fixed first time startup after db setup was sometimes getting stuck
-various fixes and speed tweaks
-fixed handle leak that was occurring every time ejukebox saved an image to cache
-fixed handle leak that was occurring for each sub folder searched by database update
-new "A5 Silver" skin is the 5.0 default skin

Download EJukebox_v5.0_Setup.exe

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackcat

posted on 10-24-2009 at 09:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Any chance of some images? The new A5 silver skin is looking very nice and slick, although I'm not sure whether all the skin files have properly installed on my PC as I still have lots of blue bits in my home screen and album views.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-24-2009 at 09:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
blackcat, A5 Silver's Home view is blue glass
Might be a problem with the skin's album list background not loading.
A5 Silver's album list should show a blue stars background. Refresh the Album list and see if stars show. If not you probally need to click albumlist "Options" button and click "AlbumList Skin" button and select Current Skin and refresh the albumlist.

Audiosoft has attached this image:
a5silver.jpg - 280.46kb

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-24-2009 at 09:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
blackcat, when you reply click the "Browse..." button above the "Post Reply" button at the bottom and select an image on your computer to upload

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-24-2009 at 09:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
blackcat, that looks right...cramped in non-EDV but that is how the skin is. It can be improved allot I know but it takes time. Also have a lighter white version in the works.

Fishy

posted on 10-25-2009 at 01:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, just noticed something which could be a bug?

I have several empty duplicates in the artistlist. These have in common that they all begin on "the" and have a corresponding artist (not empty) with "the" in the name at the same letter.

For instance under "b" Betales occur both as "Beatles, the" (where all beatles albums are located) and under a non-existing empty artist "The beatles".

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-25-2009 at 06:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Fishy!
yes demoartists are showing up twice in the artistlist when they are in your DB and have a leading THE.
Will remove all the THE's from demoartists.txt to fix that before updating the main download links.

Wish I had more time to improve the skins! But really need to get this out.
We have had so many .99's i can't remember how long ago v4.0 came out? or even the first v4.9? :D

Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 10-25-2009 at 03:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nothing new for wide screen users?

Audiosoft, it's v5? well.. I can't see any new layout yet. ok it must be like win7 and vista! ;)
Maybe you could add an option for Lyrics on the right side of the now playing panel? I'm sure that wide screen users would be happy!

PS: Your new skin looks great, excellent work! :cool:

Pirk has attached this image:
lyrics.jpg - 233.79kb

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 10-25-2009 at 04:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice idea Pirk. However, I would like to have album-information displayed there instead of lyrics (maybe an option). One can still obtain this by rightclicking the now playing cover and choose info links though.

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-25-2009 at 04:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know Fishy you are right, but lyrics from info links are not skinned at all.. album-information? what kind of informations do you mean? ah ok I see, you mean album reviews! Ok I agree, good idea. maybe we could have a way to swap between lyrics and album reviews. But all that is an old story! I just hope our wishes will be granted... Before the tomb! :D

lyrics2.jpg - 165.26kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-25-2009 at 04:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lyrics are always important! ;)

lyrics3.jpg - 129.81kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-25-2009 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, I like the idea...will figure out a way to have lyrics, album info and netrelated info integrated better. Was thinking the playlist area might be more suited for that. Maybe in the now playing will work for widescreen. We will see. Also maybe widescreen Home view. That is something to look forward to in 5.x's.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-25-2009 at 10:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, ok for a stable 5.0 out now. the current version seems quite reliable: no more white pages on song changes, no bug I noticed.
Glad if you can add lyrics and album info soon! What you think of my idea for a songlist carousel?
Widescreen Home view -with new graphics and features included- will be welcome too!

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-27-2009 at 09:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
5.0 is officially released! Make sure to dl the upgrade again if you got the RC. Newest ejukebox.exe properties is 5.0.0.3. Probably will update again before promoting with download dot com Nov 1. btw automatic updates should work when 5.01 comes out and the dl will be smaller . right now trying to come up with new logos for audiosoft and ejukebox splash

CiXel

posted on 10-27-2009 at 02:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Congrats on 5.0!
I was excited when I rebooted an EJ said Oh, There's an update available.

Been quite a work in progress.
CiXel

posted on 10-29-2009 at 10:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So A5 looks great but there is an odd side effect for touch screen users with the new mouse over effects. For instance, if I tap page up and remove my finger the button keeps blinking... and blinking... etc until I tap away.

Is it possible when touchscreen mode is enabled to turn off mouseover effects? I suspect this will affect more than just A5 but also other upcoming skins that use the same parameter.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-30-2009 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CiXel,

It keeps animating because the mouse cursor is still over the button. I think the only way to correct this would be to make the touchscreen option move the mouse to a safe position on mouseUp. would that work for you? You are hiding the mouse right?

CiXel

posted on 10-30-2009 at 01:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
It keeps animating because the mouse cursor is still over the button.

That's correct

Quote:

I think the only way to correct this would be to make the touchscreen option move the mouse to a safe position on mouseUp. would that work for you? You are hiding the mouse right?

I'm actually not hiding the mouse, but moving the mouse could be a workaround, although odd with mouse showing...
Those scroll bars are the only 2 buttons that really standout. Maybe I just tend to leave my finger there too much :)
If we can't null mouseover when touchscreen is enabled, is there a way to perhaps specify an alternate image when touchscreen is enabled in the skin parameters?

I personally could just delete that graphic and it'd work fine for me (if I knew where the animations lived), but we could probably find a better solution for other touchscreen users (You are out there right? ;)

This is what has me worried about Pirk's upcoming masterpiece. My screen is going to go Nuts no matter where I leave my finger :D

One last comment on A5
We need to skin the touchscreen icon with the same grey background so it blends in (it's black presently)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-30-2009 at 08:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CiXel,

Thanks will update touchscreen left right mouse images.

RE: is there a way to perhaps specify an alternate image when touchscreen is enabled in the skin parameters?

Before making skin edits its a good idea to Clone to a new skin name so when a new A5-Silver comes out it does not overwrite your changes. First do Tools->A5 Silver->Clone to New Skin Name

Then to change the highlight you can edit image EJukebox\images\A5 SilverU\escrollHI.png
or to totally remove the animating highlight do
Tools->A5 SilverU->Colors
Find and delete text "PNG=escroll.png" (under [ScrollButtonSongList0] and 1) and Save the colors.ini

BurkeLaShell

posted on 10-31-2009 at 09:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great upgrade

I just got around to upgrading. That was about the best upgrading experience I've ever had. It was easy, fast, and VERY well worth it. Very nicely done!
Fishy

posted on 11-1-2009 at 01:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, a few suggestions for improvement of the new default skin:

- I think that star ratings are not very clear cut in the songlist. Would be easier to see if they were simular to those in the now playing panel (golden). The same goes for the pick count bars in the songlist. Would be easier to see in a different color than gray.

- Slightly larger fonts (maybe one or two sizes) in the artistlist could improve readability in the artistlist?

- Could the blue color in the homeview be toned down a little? As it is now I think it deviates too much from the rest of the skin. Maybe grey tones would look better there too?

Overall, I think the new skin is slick and clean. I would have carried out these small adjustment myself, if it was not for the fact that I have not touched those dis-files for years. Forgotten how to do things in there.

-----------
Fishy
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-2-2009 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the skin suggestions Fishy. Will try to make those updates to this skin. If anyone has good stars or images please post. Sorry the .dis files can be confusing. CSS documentation and editors can help.
Actually I was hoping some users would Clone A5 Silver and edit the images and post some different color A5's. Allot can be done with the main backgrounds:

playmodeupnextbac.jpg (actually now playing) ~ stretches to match horizontal
queuebaclong.jpg - playlist background ~ stretches match horizontal
alistbac.jpg - artistlist background
songlistbg.png -songlist background
listbac.jpg - homeview and songlist background when no art
homeback2.png - homeview inner background
savedalbumlistbac.jpg

also many other pngs and images you can edit. Tools->A5 Silver->Clone to New Skin Name first then do Tools->A5 Your Clone->Edit '' Images. Feel free to ask for help if anyone needs direction in the .dis files or colors.ini.

Fishy

posted on 11-2-2009 at 06:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, feel free to use the stars from arctic if you like.

Another small edition to the skin: "The always show" option in the floating keyboard at search is currently invisable.

-----------
Fishy
CiXel

posted on 11-2-2009 at 01:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
If anyone has good stars or images please post.

Here are some stars I made last year for a HTPC environment. They have a slight transparent reflection to them, but were made with a dark background in mind. There are two sets, a 10 star version and a 5 star version. Each has 100 images called stars5 or stars10 -# 0-100.
Ie. stars10-50 will show 5 stars while stars5-50 will show 2.5

CiXel

Stars5.zip
Stars10.zip
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-4-2009 at 12:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Fishy and CiXel will try those out :D

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-4-2009 at 08:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
just updated exe to 5.0.0.6
If you have 5.0 full installed already you can download the 5.0.0.6 ejukebox.exe HERE and Save and Replace over existing C:\EJukebox\ejukebox.exe file

-EJukebox 5.0.0.6 Updates - Nov 4rd 2009
-new "Video Position" button on the Sound tab. New Dialog options to Lock the video poisition and size
-when shelf3d and flash not installed now switches to the carousel so prompts to autoinstall flash without restarting on first time install
-fixes showing main options panel was freezing after song changes and playlist updates
-songlist scrollbuttons now re-align faster
-virtual keyboard now draws to the screen faster on open

-exe 5.0.0.5 Updates - Nov 3rd 2009
-fixes video display was not showing on return from minimize
-fixes some png skin elements were showing on minimize when tray only and no taskbar
-fixes ejukebox was stealing focus from 3d game when tray only
-fixes remove and modify license button sometimes not showing
-fixes prevent playback stoppage was not working in Kiosk mode when play controls disabled

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-5-2009 at 01:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
What's new in v5.0.0.9 - November 4th 2009
-updated to get rid of white flashes flickering on a-z click with albumlist open, album list close/open and others

Thank you very much for working on white flashes again.. It works pretty well.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-6-2009 at 01:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did some more work to get flashes out of win7!
Tools->'Check for new version' works to automatically update to 5.00.10 exe if you don't have it yet.
Also the audiosoft.net main Full and Upgrade installers have the new exe but show 5.0 instead of 5.00.10 on the about screen.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 11-6-2009 at 03:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

The update from Tools menu failed for me: the update server was not available. I do it myself once more. That will be handy the next time!
With 5.0.0.10 all white flashes are gone excepted in the songlist when the shelf3D and the albumlist are open. Even if that doesn't occur too often, sometimes there is a white page on the songlist during the anim on inactivity. Not screenshotable.. this one is good-looking! :D

wf.jpg - 148.46kb

Dragon_slayer

posted on 11-15-2009 at 02:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft, I just updated to 5.0, the new skin looks very slick.

I agree with Pirk & Fishy that lyrics and album info would be great, while you’re implementing those features, why not add artist info in there as well. :)

I have one major (for me) complaint. I always had my album list displayed with image size set to Large, which in earlier builds was 3 albums displayed per line, now large displays 4 albums per line. This is a big enough loss for me that I’ll have to stick with an earlier build. It would be great if you could restore the option of displaying 3 albums per line, maybe add an Xlarge album size. :(

Another issue I’ve been having is that when I modify the album tags from within ejukebox e.g adding album art, track numbers etc, ejukebox has been wiping most of the tag info, so that I have to go into tag&rename or a similar program & retag it. I’m not sure how long this problem has been occurring, but I think it started about the same time I installed Vista.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats