Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: More albums in the shelf3D/carousel
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-6-2009 at 04:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
More albums in the shelf3D/carousel

Audiosoft,

Could you allow more albums listed in the shelf3D/carousel when we are in the songlist? Maybe at least 50 like for the Homeview, or even more if possible? Because most artists have more than 20 albums! Plus there are a lot more than 40 albums in Rock genre or in 00' years..
And also there is a bug in eJ v4.99.982: When you click on a genre from the songlist genre column, eJukebox crash!

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-7-2009 at 01:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, .984 is up! Let me know if the genre problem still exists!
Looking into carousel max

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-7-2009 at 03:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, thanks for this update, but I'm afraid that nothing has changed for me concerning the genre column: nine times out of ten eJ crash as soon as I click on a genre.
I've tried to run others old ejukebox.exe, but same problem.. So maybe this bug was already existing before, but I did not clicked there for a while? Or maybe there is something changed on my system recently?

Glad if you can increase carousel max!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-7-2009 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So the year works OK?
Anything particular about the genres that crash? Does just "Rock" crash?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-8-2009 at 03:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes the year works OK.

I tested more genres from the songlist:
Pop, Rap, Ska, Soul, Celtic, Chanson are the only genres that I tested 100% working. Why these genres always work OK? strange..
Any other genres that I tested (Rock, Alternative, Punk, Blues, Dance, Folk, Jazz, Relaxation, Reggae...) always crash.
Combination genres (Classic Rock, Folk Rock, Rock & Roll, Trip Hop...) always crash too.

Hope this helps!

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-8-2009 at 11:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, do you have the same problem with and without the carousel enabled? also have you tested with a different skin?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-9-2009 at 11:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Audiosoft
Pirk, do you have the same problem with and without the carousel enabled? also have you tested with a different skin?

Audiosoft, yes same problem without the carousel enabled, and also same problem with a different skin (Blueberry).

Pirk
Posting Freak

puzzled.gif posted on 10-11-2009 at 03:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My bug get worse

Audiosoft, I found more situations where eJ crashs:
When I have a "no cover" album in the now playing window and I click on the no cover image, or if I pick a artist (in the artistlist or elsewhere) which have a album without a cover image, then eJ partially crashs. some parts become hatched and inactives. other parts are still working a bit giving me the hand on their links: I can edit the javascript code.. Very interesting! ;)

I think MAYBE all these annoyances in eJ started after I installed/uninstalled the BING toolbar.. Much programs on my PC have been changed by this damned tool bar: Visual C++ and such..

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
APPCRASH

Audiosoft, I hope this system report will help you to understand why eJukebox crashs on my PC:

Thanks.

Pirk has attached this image:
appcrash.jpg - 103.53kb

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
StackHash errors !

Audiosoft, well.. here is a fix I found on the web for "StackHash" errors in Vista..

Do you think I should try to apply this method?

Quote:

The StackHash error occurs any time DEP is invoked and has an issue with whatever application you're trying to run (and there are several hundred out there that seem to give it fits).

The error is related to Data Execution Prevention. Here's how 99 percent of Vista users can fix a StackHash failure. I'll walk you through it step by step:

Method A:
---------------
1. Open your Start menu and click Control Panel
2. Browse to "System Maintenance" then "System"
3. In the left panel, select "Advanced System Settings" from the available links
4. You should now see the System Properties Window, which will have three sections. The top section is labeled "Performance" and has a "Settings" button. Click this button.
5. Select the "Data Execution Prevention" tab.
6. Select the option which reads "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
7. Use the "Browse" button to locate the executable file for the application you were trying to start when you received the StackHash error, and click Open to add it to your exceptions list.
8. Click Apply or OK to commit your changes.

Method B:
--------------
Remove Vista, and either downgrade to XP, or upgrade to Linux.

Read more: StackHash errors ! - DriverHeaven.net http://www.driverheaven.net/windows-vista-forum/180824-stackhash-errors.html#ixzz0Tjve64SK

Or Am I completely wrong ?

Thanks.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-12-2009 at 06:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yeah give that a try and let me know!
btw does the problem happen with NetRelated off?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 06:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
yes the problem also happens with netrelated off.

concerning the stack hash error, I found a reply to my previous quote on another forum:

Quote:

I would agree we’d like to know what the problem IS, but DEP is not the answer. Disabling DEP for the application just works around the error message. The problem is NOT the error message (and by extension, DEP), but the error itself. Disabling the error message just hides the problem.

I strongly recommend leaving DEP on and finding out what is actually triggering it (if you’re the application developer). I’m in no why trying to solve an end-user problem.

While I am a Linux fan (currently Fedora 10 w/ enlighenment), DEP is NOT really an OS feature… it’s a CPU feature that the kernel can chose to support. Linux has supported this for awhile now, so calling this a Vista problem is misleading.

From an OS kernel perspective, I think Vista is definitely an improvement over XP and I don’t recommend downgrading. However, I will not “take a bullet” for the shell. Hopefully this continues to improve over successive versions.

Quote:

As to DEP:
Even if Chris was right, and I don’t agree that DEP is the issue, turning off DEP for an app. every time one crashes with a StackHash error in the report, is like trying to kill a fly with a sledgehammer. And, it can be argued, missing the fly and destroying the table. I have seen many of these reports and often the crash occurs when memory is low, whether that’s directly related to the cause or just a stressing factor. This is not surprising, since many crashes are caused by an illegal memory operation. This is often related to a driver trying to execute an operation which is unadvisable in Windows. However, these operations DON’T EVEN ALWAYS result in crashes.

The purpose of DEP exceptions is to allow you to run programs which simply will not run with DEP enabled. Enabling a DEP exception every time you get a single crash is like trying to stay heavily medicated to avoid an occassional minor pain. And it probably won’t work, anyway.

http://tdistler.com/2009/04/10/stackhash-and-application-crashes-on-windows

Otherwise I've tried to apply the "method A", but I'm faced with another issue: all the DEP options are unavailable on my system (shaded)!

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 07:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
bcdedit.exe

in order to enable DEP, it seems the only way would be to use bcdedit.exe. but I'm not keen on running it in a DOS black box..

bcdedit.jpg - 126.2kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-12-2009 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk maybe it isn't DEP. Not sure what that screen says but maybe your CPU doesn't support DEP otherwise i think you would be able to select those options. or does it say it does? also what about the Run in Ram option...does that make any difference?

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 07:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft, it says: "In order to use these parameters you must be administrator of the system and use the program bcdedit.exe. For more informations, browse the Microsoft online knowledge Base."

Run in Ram: no difference, same problem.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-12-2009 at 08:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
i wonder if anyone else has this problem. reads like a hardware error.
so far you have pointed me to no cover image in songlist causing it but i can't find a problem or reproduce it.

Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 10-12-2009 at 09:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not sure that no cover image produce exactly the same error in eJ. when I click a artist without a cover image, eJ crashs only partially. but in fact it's worse because in this case my keyboard become ineffective! I can't take a screenshot or type a word.. I need to restart my system to have my keyboard working again. Otherwise I never have a problem with other programs. I hope that a fresh system install with my win7 copy (coming soon) will fix this problem!

NB: All was working great with eJukebox until these last days when I installed/unistalled the bing tool bar..

Could it be that I have now a "bad" version of Visual C++ installed?

c++.jpg - 138.87kb

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-13-2009 at 01:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could it be that I have now a "bad" version of Visual C++ installed?
probably that toolbar if it subclasses IE.

Pirk
Posting Freak

shocked.gif posted on 10-13-2009 at 06:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bug Fixed!!

Audiosoft, Good news: I just found the reason of my bug! That was a bad parameter in ejukebox.ini. I solved it simply by deleting my ejukebox.ini...
Then I compared the new "by default" version with my bugged version: and you know what? the faulty parameter was the songlist lenght max:

[ShowPerPageMax]
SongList=9999999

I think back to the day I decided to increase this parameter: Nothing was bad or better just after this unreasonable choice, but a few days later....... the bug finally come to light without I realise my own trap! :(

So I think maybe you could set a reasonable stop for the songlist maximum lenght, preventing this problem occurs again to me or to someboby else..

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

PS: You can easily reproduce the bug if you want.. ;)

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 10-13-2009 at 07:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ah now it makes sense! Yeah will have to cap the per page max much lower than that. glad you figured it out!

brice

posted on 12-5-2009 at 02:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk si j ai bien compris ton post il y aurait une facon d avoir plus d' albums dans le carousel ?
Dans ce cas pourrais tu m expliquer comment faire stp... merci
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-5-2009 at 05:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Brice, euh non malheureusement pas encore possible d'augmenter le nombre max d'albums dans le carousel! Audiosoft est juste sensé "étudier la question".. on a surtout parlé d'un bug concernant le max de titres par page dans la songlist. bug que j'ai déclenché sans m'en rendre compte en paramétrant une songlist trop longue: le max autorisé n'étant pas verrouillé, ça peut faire planter ej!

Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats