Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Automating ejukebox with Girder.
mfracassa

posted on 6-25-2003 at 08:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Automating ejukebox with Girder.

I am using Girder (www.girder.nl) in combination with a TV Remote to control Ejukebox. I am able to do basic stuff (while in Kiosk mode) like Stop/Play/Next/Volume by sending commands directly to winamp.

What I am having limited success in doing is loading a playlist while in Kiosk mode. I want to be able to hit a number key on the remote that will load and play a different playlist. The only thing I can get to work is to make a macro that sends a "L" keystroke to ejukebox (the shortcut key for loading a playlist,) then sends the name of the playlist (using keystrokes) But this won't work while in Kiosk mode.

I have tried loading the playlist directly into winamp, but it doesn't update the ejukebox display with the new playlist.

Any Suggestions? Any other way to control ejukebox?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2003 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

I have tried loading the playlist directly into winamp, but it doesn't update the ejukebox display with the new playlist.

Currently, If you want to load a playlist in Winamp and have eJukebox sync with the songs played by winamp you must use Classic Winamp v2.91 (http://classic.winamp.com/download/) and not Winamp3. You must also disable the eJukebox playmodes. If you do that Winamp then will remain in control of what gets played....until you pick a song using eJukebox or add a song to eJukebox's playlist.

For the next version of eJukebox (v3.3) we have enabled the L key when in Kiosk mode (as long as you have the Playlist MENU button enabled in the Kiosk mode options) so you can load a playlist that way as well. We have also enabled the eJukebox keyboard shortcuts for the other features in v3.3 as long as you enable their associated options in the Kiosk mode options.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mfracassa

posted on 6-25-2003 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am running winamp 2.91 + ejukebox 3.27. When I load a new playlist in winamp, only the currently playing song shows up correctly in ejukebox. The "Up Next" song is incorrect and shows what was loaded before I selected a new playlist in winamp. Yet - the winamp playlist is the one that is followed.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-25-2003 at 10:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, this is because Winamp controls the playlist in this case. You will not see the winamp playlist under UP Next in eJukebox.

To let Winamp control what gets played next...You must Disable the eJukebox Playmodes by deselecting the one that is currently enabled - and clear the current eJukebox playlist - if there are any songs in it- so that there are no song under Up Next. Then Winamp will control what plays until you use eJukebox to pick a new song.

In your case v3.3 will allow you to forgo all of this so you can just use your Macro to load a playlist in eJukebox while in Kiosk mode.

Also you may want to try out enabling eJukebox's Playlist Play Mode from the eJukebox control panel and loading some playlists into that mode before entering Kiosk mode. Then when there are no songs to be played next it will automatically play songs from your playlist file or files.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mfracassa

posted on 6-26-2003 at 01:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My scenario is this: I plan on using this as a touchscreen Jukebox at my Wedding. I want users to be able to select songs, but when it's time for say: The bride and groom dance, I want to be able to hit a button on my remote to cancel the currently playing list, (possibly save it) Then load and play the Bride and Groom Dance Playlist.

I can make this work with your suggestion and version 3.3, but then I stand the risk of a user hitting the menu button and changing/stopping playback - correct?? If this happens I am dead meat -- My (soon to be wife) is already leary of having a jukebox instead of a D.J. It was a hard sell - It must be bulletproof!

My next step may be to write a macro that exits Kiosk mode, loads the new playlist, then goes back into Kiosk mode.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats