Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Longplayer-Mode
mchawk

posted on 2-18-2009 at 06:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Longplayer-Mode

O.K. - I've got just another idea, I'd like to mention:

Before I used the eJukebox, I used the program "longplayer" (http://lplayer.sourceforge.net/) to play my music.
No way I go back to use this software - eJ is much more powerful. And the lp software-project is dead.

But the special feature of this peace of software is something I like to see in eJ: It shuffled the complete music-libary and don't repeat any song as long not all other songs were played - over many, many music-sessions; no reset on program-close.

I quote from the site:
"Those of you who have converted all of your CD's into mp3's (or wma/ogg/..) and try to shuffle songs in your big, static all-containing playlist will surely know the "hey, I already heard this song an hour ago!" problem. That random function just doesn't seem random enough! The main reason for this is the birthday-problem: the chances that you hear a particular song twice in, say the same day, are quite small, but the odds of ANY song playing twice in that timespan, are real, very real. Your typical media player just selects a random song from a statically generated list without saving where it last left off."

As eJukebox counts how much one song was played it should be simple to create a "Custom Mode Autoplay".
Yes I could create an autoplay that only plays songs never played before.

BUT:
* if eJ finished play all song f.e. once the autoplay don't raise the conditions to play all songs played only 1 or 2 times.
* if I add new songs, these songs will be played more often as older songs, I played manually or in other playmodes.

AND:
* I like songs, rated to low, optionally not to played in longplay-mode. (f.e. below 2,5 Stars)
* I like optionally play songs not rated.
* I like to in- and exclude genres (no Christmas-Songs in August! ;))

I think it could be tricky to implement.
But audiosoft and you guys in the forum: Let me know what you think about this idea in general.

Greetings
mchawk
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats