Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Shouldn't looking up the album image pay attention to the Album Name?
madox

posted on 6-23-2003 at 02:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shouldn't looking up the album image pay attention to the Album Name?

Many times I've had a song trigger an album lookup, and completely different album came back that what should have come back. The album name in my file's ID3 tag is the real album. There should be a toggle to force exact matches or not.

Also in one case, I had an album cover come back for a different artist entirely. The case in question was Wicker Man by Bruce Dickinson. This is a different song than Wicker Man by Iron Maiden, and the file had correct ID3 info, but the Iron Maiden cover came back.
madox

posted on 6-23-2003 at 03:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hey me again :p

I just had eJukebox rewrite a file's ID3 tag because it found an album image that did not match the album title I had entered. So it changed the tag to list the album name it found.

I really didn't apreciate this. I changed the album title back and did an album look up by artist/album name and it found the right one.

Why don't you just have it look up album images by artist/song name/album name? Use all three rather than picking one pair or the other.

Edit:
And there seems to be no way to set a file back to having no image once an incorrect image has been found.

Sorry to harp on the image feature so much but I've been looking for a long time for software that dealt with mp3s at the album level. :)
madox

posted on 6-25-2003 at 11:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well after using eJukebox a lot, looks like the solution for me is to turn off looking up albums automatically and set images myself. So far its really the only bad part of the program.

So in summary: my requested feature is to NOT rewrite the ID3 tags when it can't find an album.

Looks like no one else has a problem with this though, judging from teh comments :P
jhlurie

posted on 6-26-2003 at 12:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No... of course we do. What comments have you seen that suggested otherwise? Your report was enough to call it to Audiosoft's attention.

There has to be some "fuzzy logic" in looking stuff up, but yeah... it should never outright change an artist. But occasionally the lookup engine seems to correct misspellings, and that's useful.

Quote:
Why don't you just have it look up album images by artist/song name/album name? Use all three rather than picking one pair or the other.

This may be impractical. I mean if it can't find an album for some reason, is it your wish that it NEVER change it to another one? Sometimes that change is one of those spelling corrections...
madox

posted on 6-26-2003 at 06:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
sorry, I was making a bad joke :p Thanks for the attention

Ya, the albums causing trouble for me are bootlegs and singles, mostly. These have no album cover, or have such an obscure cover I wont expect an image to exist. So what happens is that it rewrites the album to be the studio album name.

Then when I go to specificaly play the bootleg album there is missing songs which have been rolled up into teh studio album and marked as duplicate.

I see what you mean about spelling errors, but in this case I did all the rips and I know the info is correct. :)
Dyno Don

posted on 6-26-2003 at 07:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Adding my comments. I may have many albums from one artist that changes name. ie. Frank Marino=Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush=Mahogany Rush. I want them all under Frank Marino. But eJ changes it. Won't give me an album cover with the wrong artist so I let it change it. (Now I can change all, thanks Audiosoft), Then I get the cover. Then change the artist back. A hassle, but only have to do it once.

Don
mik

posted on 7-14-2003 at 09:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can report the exact same problem. Seems eJukebox ignores the album tag resulting in wrong covers and album names !! I hope this annoyance gets fixed in the next version..
Strange this problem hasnt been fixed before ?
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats