Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: does not identify my artist or albums
manningr2

puzzled.gif posted on 7-24-2008 at 05:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
does not identify my artist or albums

Ok so my dillema is that ejukebox does not identify the artist of my song correctly. After further review of this problem i believe i identified the source. I used itunes and purchase all of my music from there. i selected the option "keep itunes folder organized" which places the files into albums and artists folders, and names the files based on the disc number, track number and song title. this being said this program will not show the artist preventing me from searching. the artists are all labeled as "0". please help me with this issue as we was considering purchasing multiple copies of this product for use around my university. thank you for your prompt responses and any information you may have to help solve this problem. (renaming each and every file is not a possible solution as the databases will be between 3,000 and 30,000 songs)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2008 at 08:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi manningr2,

How exactly are they named... are they like this?
/artist/album/Track# Track Name.mp3

I have added support for the above in eJukebox 5 beta 28.

To install 5 Beta 28: Shutdown eJukebox and download the attached file. Copy the new ejukebox.exe over your old C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe

Attached: ejukebox.exe

Once you get this replaced over your old ejukebox.exe then run eJukebox and do Tools->Update Database->Rebuild
and it should find your Artists now! Let me know how it goes.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
manningr2

posted on 7-25-2008 at 06:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That worked almost flawlessly!!! the only kink i got into was a few songs that had a dash in the title such as "The all american knock-off" this would divide the song title into two sections such as "the all american knock" being the title and "off" being the artist or vice versa. other than that the only problem im having (havent fully been able to test it yet) is that ejukebox will not load all of my music.... is there a block on protected music that i have bought from itunes preventing it from being used on ejukebox??

thanks for your help
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-25-2008 at 07:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for reporting back. Glad it mostly worked. What I will do in beta 29 is make it check for " - " instead of "-" so that hyphenated album names won't throw it off.

RE: ... is there a block on protected music that i have bought from itunes preventing it from being used on ejukebox?

What file type are these? Some files will only play if you enable winamp for playback in eJukebox.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
manningr2

posted on 7-27-2008 at 05:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the files that dont show up are purchased songs from the itunes store and are .m4p they are "protected AAC audio files". i have win amp installed and tried to add a few of the purchased songs to the player but it wouldnt take. not sure if there is a work around or these types of songs are just not supported or allowed to be played on other media players....
Pirk
Posting Freak

eureka.gif posted on 7-27-2008 at 09:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hear your music anywhere

Maybe you could have a look here: http://hymn-project.org/
I don't know if that works because I don't have iTunes music.. But I would be interested to know!

:cool: Pirk
jcorriveau

posted on 7-28-2008 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm also having similar problems with identification. The latest beta has helped, but I've noticed a couple of additional items which cause problems...

1) Track number greater than 2 characters seems to cause a problem (i.e. 102 - TrackName.mp3)

2) -'s in Album name (i.e. 1960-1976 Greatest Hits)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-28-2008 at 10:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks for the report both will be corrected in the next update

BurkeLaShell

posted on 9-15-2008 at 03:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It would be really nice if when refreshing the database, eJukebox wrote a CSV (comma separated value) file with the data it is writing to the database. Then, you could open the file in a spreadsheet and see how well everything got tagged.

--Burke
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats