Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Future Retro Skin
Dragon_slayer

thumbup.gif posted on 3-13-2008 at 05:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Future Retro Skin

Here’s my Future Retro skin... enjoy!!

Note: I’ve borrowed some of the layout design from Pirk’s excellent CrimsonLive2.1 skin so kudos to Pirk for his talent & generosity.

Attachment: Future_Retro_2.zip (6.42mb)
This file has been downloaded 1175 times

Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-13-2008 at 05:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Future Retro Preview:

Dragon_slayer has attached this image:
futuretro2.jpg - 349.99kb
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-13-2008 at 05:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-13-2008 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-13-2008 at 05:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-14-2008 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice work Dragon_slayer! ;)
I'm glad if my skin can help others for their own skin..

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-20-2008 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Pirk,
Do you know of any way to change the file extension for the AlbumListHeader in ejukebox? I want to use GIF file instead of jpeg. I might be missing something but when I looked through the dis files I couldn’t find any mention of it.
Ulle

wink.gif posted on 3-21-2008 at 09:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Very interesting skin. I like the colors and the unique look.

When using only letters (short) in artistlist, the playlist repeats it self.
Maybe it is only visuable on high resolutions, but you can tile
"nowplay4" or remove "background-repeat: repeat-x;" in playlist
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-23-2008 at 03:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Ulle for pointing that out, my resolution is 1280 by 1024 but i wasn’t able to test it on widescreen.

I did what you advised and removed “background-repeat: repeat-x;” in the playlist, so hopefully that should fix it.

I’ve also fixed the nowplay3, so the highlighted part up the top should look seamless.

I’ve posted the update so if you Ulle or someone with a widescreen monitor want to test it out for me, it would be much appreciated.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-24-2008 at 01:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : Dragon_slayer
Hi Pirk,
Do you know of any way to change the file extension for the AlbumListHeader in ejukebox? I want to use GIF file instead of jpeg. I might be missing something but when I looked through the dis files I couldn�t find any mention of it.

Hi Dragon_slayer,

No, it's not possible.. only jpeg files are supported for all the ejukebox edges which are not in the dis files.
Personally I would prefer to use PNG files instead of jpeg, but it's impossible too. Only Audiosoft could allow this, maybe!

Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-25-2008 at 09:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What a shame, i was actually working on a new ROCK music skin with some animated features. One of the animated features I wanted to have was ‘eJukebox’ written on the AlbumListHeader with some animated flames inside it. I wasn’t too far along with it though so it looks like I’ll have to put it on hold indefinitely, unless Audiosoft provides an update for it.
I would also like to be able to change the file extension of the ‘volback’ and use a GIF in place of the jpeg. I think it would be cool if i could use an animated one in my Future Retro skin.
Hopefully Audiosoft might address this with a Skin Engine Update.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 3-25-2008 at 01:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope too.. Audiosoft is always able to make awesome things! He already added transparent PNG elements over jpeg parts of eJukebox, like the visors for the artistlist and the carousel. So I guess he could allow other additional graphics elsewhere.. But animated GIF files, I don't know?

Ulle

posted on 3-25-2008 at 08:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dragon_slayer,

Here you have a screen dump - you could center the picture so the black border is on both sides. If that looks ok in lower resolutions.

But anyway, for me it dos not matter - I allways use the long artistlist.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-26-2008 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Ulle, looking at screenshot it looks like there’s also a problem with the nowplay3 not displaying properly. The best solution would be to have two separate versions of my Future Retro skin; a standard & a widescreen version. Unfortunately i don’t have a widescreen monitor so i can’t test the dimensions of the skin. If you can find out the exact width that the nowply4 & nowplay3 need be to fit your monitor I’ll make some new ones with the correct dimensions.

I’ve also created a new HeaderEDV so the rating header won’t be off centre. I’ll include this with future updates that i post.
Ulle

posted on 3-26-2008 at 09:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
well, the other examples are 650 pixels width, but after a few tests I found out that the size is more like 610, thats where the border showed up.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 3-26-2008 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Ulle, give me a day or two & I’ll post a new widescreen version for you to test.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-3-2008 at 05:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok Ulle here’s the widescreen version. I would appreciate it f you would test it for me & tell me how it go’s.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-3-2008 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here’s my Future Retro 2 skin for testing. I’d welcome any feedback, suggestions, etc.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-5-2008 at 03:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Future Retro 2 (test version)v2
Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-5-2008 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’ve changed the now playing area around with this one & done a few other tweaks
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-5-2008 at 10:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dragon_slayer, nice work. Maybe you could improve the songlist. I like your artist header in the album list: FR = FRance! ;)

Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-5-2008 at 03:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Pirk,
Hmm, I spent a lot of time trying to get the songlist right. I suppose I could replace the song link arrows/triangles. If there’s any other area of it you see needs improving you’ll need to be more specific.

With this latest release I personally wasn’t happy with the color of the artist title in the now playing area, it was a little bright & distracting. I think I’ve got it right now though.

“FR=France!” You must be a patriot Pirk; maybe you’ll do us a red, white & blue skin. If i get the urge to be patriotic I’ll do a green & yellow skin with a few kangaroos decorating it. With the Olympics coming up maybe that’s not a bad idea!

Thanks for the feedback Pirk. I’d also appreciate that if you find anything not technically working properly with my skin you’ll let me know.
mchawk

posted on 4-6-2008 at 07:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dragon_slayer,

nice retro-skin. I like it.

It's not easy to make a skin, that work on most screen-resolutions incl. Widescreen.

I hope you do not mind, if I make some suggestions:
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-7-2008 at 01:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dragon_slayer,
Well I agree that css filters are handy. In general I like much 3D effects on song names in the songlist, but when it's made using css filters it can easily turn too much "100%" repeated. This is why personally I prefer to use PNG graphics instead of css filters.. Otherwise with css filters the repetition can also be vertical.

A green & yellow skin with kangaroos? So it seems that you are Australian!

mchawk,
Oops "A red bar..": I think this red bar is remaining from my albumlist! :D

Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-7-2008 at 03:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi mchawk, thanks for the feedback
I’m doing some extensive improvements at the moment, such as improving the songlist, creating a new TopEDV & np. I’ll take on board all your suggestions.

Have you tested my widescreen version, or perhaps that is a mute point as it’s becoming clear that the skin reacts differently to various resolutions & it’s impossible to have it tailor made for each one. The only solution seems to do away with the text in the playlist & album scroll areas. If I do this I’ll probably still be keeping the same colors & cloudy effect intact.

The pattern of the artist-list actually ties in with the AlbumListHeader, however since the AlbumListHeader is one of the things I’m considering changing to match my new TopEDV & np I’ll be looking at changing the artist-list.
I still plan on keeping the theme intact, so I’ll have to find another way to incorporate it.

Hi Pirk, the red bar seems to be a side effect of some of your CrimsonLive2.1 code that I used. I haven’t actually seen that bar before so I was unaware of the problem. If you have any idea where the code for it is located in the dis file can you let me know.

Pirk I’m not exactly sure what you’re saying about the artist list. I think it’s that the song titles etc. are in danger of blending into one another vertically down the page. If this is what you’re suggesting then I have to disagree; I think they have adequate shading to keep each line appear separate & personally I like the effect and so I don’t have any plan of changing it. I will however be trying to do some improvement on it such as, using my own play now buttons & a few other small tweaks.

“So it seems that you are Australian!” That’s right Pirk I come from Down Under.

Say Pirk you wouldn’t be wealthy enough to have a French maid under your employ by any chance, if you do you can send her down here for a vacation! ;)
mchawk

posted on 4-7-2008 at 04:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon_slayer
Have you tested my widescreen version, or perhaps that is a mute point as it’s becoming clear that the skin reacts differently to various resolutions & it’s impossible to have it tailor made for each one. The only solution seems to do away with the text in the playlist & album scroll areas. If I do this I’ll probably still be keeping the same colors & cloudy effect intact.

I think it's quiet an art to create a skin that works from 800x600 up to 1600x1200 in 4:3 ans 16:10.
An at this point I'm not really satisfied with my skin (either?).

Two ways to work with text in background-pictures:
1.) Make a really big, big, big picture with a small text thats fit in about 500x500 pixels-area in the picture-middle. Set the align for the background to "center center".

2.) Write "vertical", like in the picture - Be sure, to test if it fit on 800x600 in eJ.

Quote:

Hi Pirk, the red bar seems to be a side effect of some of your CrimsonLive2.1 code that I used. I haven’t actually seen that bar before so I was unaware of the problem. If you have any idea where the code for it is located in the dis file can you let me know.

One way is to define new colors in the albumlistscroll.dis:
Code:

body {
scrollbar-face-color:#670002;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#B40000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#B40000;
scrollbar-arrow-color:#ECC977;
scrollbar-track-color:#080808;
}

But theres a smarter way! ;)
The best is, the bar don't ever appear.
Solution: The artistlist-header-picture is to wide. The "------fr------" picture.
Shorten it to max. 500 pixel wide and everything should be A-OK.

Quote:

Pirk I’m not exactly sure what you’re saying about the artist list.

Instead of this:
Code:

filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(enabled='true', startColorstr=#882F5595, endColorstr=#000000, GradientType=1) ;

he likes to use png-graphics.
And yes, I think is quiet a better way - filter need much more cpu-power then an (partially) transparent png.
Quote:

“So it seems that you are Australian!” That’s right Pirk I come from Down Under.

I have one question: Does "Walkabout Creek" exist? :D
Quote:

Say Pirk you wouldn’t be wealthy enough to have a French maid under your employ by any chance, if you do you can send her down here for a vacation! ;)

Perhaps you two can make an exchange. ;)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-7-2008 at 09:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dragon_slayer,
All right, no problem that was just a suggestion based on my own tastes and habits.. but if you are already satisfied with your current songlist, just forget my opinion.
Otherwise, I will send you one of my maids.. as soon as possible!

mchawk,
Thanks for your support!

Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-11-2008 at 04:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi pirk,
My apologies, in hindsight I can see that you were right, my songlist did need improving & so I’ve created an all new songlist. I’ve also done away with the gradients & replaced them with png. files, it should be a lot more CPU friendly & personally I think it looks better too.

Thanks mchawk for your advice, I’ve also taken onboard your suggestions. I’ve changed the artist-list so it goes better with rest of the theme & done away with text on the on the album scroll bac, same bac just minus the text. I haven’t changed the text under the playlist though & I’m not going to bother trying until I can test my skin on a higher resolution.

Which brings me to another point, the highest resolution my monitor can go to is 1280 by 1024 so until I can test it on a higher resolution I’m going to leave it as is. I followed your tip about testing it on a lower resolution & it seems to be working reasonably well on most of them. As soon as I have access to a monitor with a higher resolution I’ll make a version that is more suitable for it, in the meantime I’ll just include a note with it that it works best for resolutions 1280 by 1024 & lower.

Some other improvements I’ve done are; a new songlist header, new albumlist header, new nowplaying top & a new HeaderEDV.
I’ll have my latest version up for testing in a day or two for anyone who is interested.

Oh yeah “Does "Walkabout Creek" exist?” would that be a Crocodile Dundee reference? I live on the east coast I did live west a couple of years back but I’ve never been that far west, my guess is that they made it up for the movie but you never know. :)
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 4-12-2008 at 10:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Dragon_slayer,
Glad if you managed to improve your songlist. No need to apologize, I also experienced the same thing.. when I just worked on a part of my skin and that I get a new effect, I say: Ah great, here is "the" best effect for eJukebox! But a few days laters if the famous effect is starting to weary me, probably it was not so good.. I'm not a designer unfortunately!

Dragon_slayer

posted on 4-15-2008 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’ve done a new Homeview, It’s not finished yet. I’m going to do some more work on the “visorcar” as soon as I upgrade to Pro. I’m going to try optimizing it for use with Audiosoft awesome new Self3D. :D
 Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats