Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Lack of Random playback (Fixed v4.90 Beta 5)
bhauxwell

posted on 1-1-2008 at 03:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Lack of Random playback (Fixed v4.90 Beta 5)

hi,

I have noticed that on popularity mode ejukebox only plays artists aplhabetically up to Moby out of my collection of 34,000 plus tracks. Which means it never selects any artist higher alphabetically than Moby.

Its playing now in Pop mode with hybrid switched on (tried without) and count of 0 to 6.

I thought I was hearing alot of repeats, and not a lot of other artists so just tried skipping forward to the next track as soon as a track has played for a few seconds. REsult was highest alphabetical artist name Moby!

I have a lot of tracks and albums so it may be a constraint in the way ejukbox picks from a large library, does anyone else have this problem or not? and what is the number of tracks in their library?

Mine are mainly composed of high bit rate MP3(320) and a growing number of WM lossless files.

just tried ejukbox 4.90 beta and it is still showing the same bahaviour.

Thanks
Brian
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 1-1-2008 at 08:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Message original : bhauxwell
I have a lot of tracks and albums so it may be a constraint in the way ejukbox picks from a large library, does anyone else have this problem or not?

I also have a large library, and often I would tend to reply "Yes" to your question. BUT when I list the 1000 "Last Played" songs (from the Tools menu), it seems my feeling was unfounded.. I can't notice any visible constraint!

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 1-2-2008 at 08:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK v4.90 Beta 5 is up and should fix the problem...

eJukebox was restricting random playback to the 1/2 of songs not played in the longest. This caused a problem if you are a new user and have not played allot of songs yet because only the first 1/2 added to the database were being selected. I have removed the 1/2 restriction in v4.90 beta 5 so that it is now fully random....plus eJukebox will still prevent it from replaying songs already played during the same eJukebox session.

Grab the Beta 5 Download Here and let me know how it goes.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bhauxwell

posted on 1-2-2008 at 11:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great thts fixed it as the third song was by Pink Floyd.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats