Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: rip cd
mikenln

posted on 10-6-2007 at 02:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rip cd

ver 4.87 won't let me rip a cd, from tools and when I try it from the home page it shuts ejuke off... whats the fix?
thanks MIKENLN
drewster98

posted on 11-18-2007 at 10:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm in the same boat as mikenln. I haven't ripped a cd since I first installed ejukebox but last night my friend wanted to rip a cd. When you click on tools and then try to rip a cd from there the menu doesn't pop up. If you click "rip cd" from the home page then it shuts down ejukebox completely. I'm using version 4.89. Any ideas? This computer doesn't have any other software on it. Its a jukebox only pc.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 11-19-2007 at 01:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Are you on XP or Vista?
any error message?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
drewster98

posted on 11-20-2007 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jukebox machine is XP. No error message whatsoever. I had no problem using the cd ripping function when i first installed ejukebox. Now it doesn't do a thing or it crashes the program. I know, big help. :)
jojo

shocked.gif posted on 11-29-2007 at 08:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Has anyone figured this problem out?

It's been a long time since I ripped any new cd's in EJ. I just re-installed windows on my HTPC.... and I still can't rip with EJ? I've looked for an answer but can't find one as of yet. I know it must be a setting on my system, but I honestly can't remember what that was to make it work. Any help would be appreciated
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
drewster98

posted on 12-1-2007 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's now obvious that somewhere between updates the cd ripping feature has been tampered with accidently. I'd be curious to know if anybody is able to rip a cd anymore from the program. Are you looking into this Audiosoft? Thats kind of a big issue. :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-1-2007 at 06:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would try running the eJukebox Full Installer over your current installation. That will keep your current settings and database like the upgrade download but also re-installs the ripper files.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 12-9-2007 at 11:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CD Ripping

Well, I tried a re-install.... on a fresh clean install of Vista and no luck. The rip program won't even see the cd drive, nor do I have the ability to pick the program from auto-play. Any other ideas?

Is there a setting I've forgotten about? I have checked the option to rip CD's when they are inserted turned on, but it still doesn't come up and see the CD drive.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
drewster98

posted on 12-10-2007 at 02:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'll go ahead and do a complete reinstall tomorrow on my system to see if it solves the problem. I have XP. That way we can eliminate the OS being the issue.
SimonC

thumbdown.gif posted on 12-10-2007 at 05:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm having a slightly different, although related problem.

It's been a while sne I ripped a cd in EJ, but tried today with absolutely no success. Cd not in CDDB is the error I get each time I try to rip a cd.
I've tried with a number of cd's on 2 different pc's - it's finding nothing.

My previous solution to that would in the past have been to rip using Itunes - However, that is now not possible since something was changed in EJ over the last few versions.

I posted previously about the itunes issue here - and got no explanation of why this had been changed -

http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2240

The CD ripper within EJ has never used a strong CD Database and because of this has always been a bit hit or miss. However it does seem to have got worse.

However, I really don't understand why EJ has been changed so that it no longer reads ID3 tags created by itunes.
Surely iTunes has to be the most used cd ripper in the world these days.
Ej used to support it - why change that?!!

Audiosoft, from my point of view this is spoiling an otherwise great JUkebox program.
Could you please look at addressing the itunes issue or make changes to the internal ripper so it accesses a broader CD Database?
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
iTunes must have changed their ripper because eJukebox's ripper has not changed. maybe their is a tagging option in itunes you can change i dunno. maybe someone else does.

I am looking into the CDDB problem...

SimonC

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft

If EJ 4.84 is installed, it will read ITunes ripped mp3's.
If 4.87, 88, 89, or 90 Beta is installed, it will not read Itunes mp3's.
The problem is edvident on either a new rip imported or a database rebuild.

I have used Itunes in various versions up to current release.

Older versions of EJ as above will read all of the id3 info from Itunes mp3's from ALL versions of Itunes (Versions from the last 9 months)

Newer versions will not.

It definitely appears to be something that has changed in EJ!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ah interesting...yeah i just went and read your other post on the subject...looking into this as well... if you could attach one of those mp3s that worked in 4.85 but doesn't now it may help

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok i think i have found what changed and have corrected it.
will post v4.90 beta 3 in a minute

SimonC

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok - here's one.

As you can see, all the info is there - but note what the artist info come up as! This is the problem area.

Coverting the info using MP3 Tag does make it readable - but It's a lot of work to do on a large database plus i still leaves a problem for future imported cd's.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ok you can download v4.90 beta 3 from here: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2248&page=1#pid77653
I tested your mp3 out in 4.90 beta 3 and all the info came up good. So it looks like that will fix it for you. Please let me know if it does. I am checking on the CDDB now.

Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
ok regarding the CDDB....after a little googling it looks like all ripper/programs that use freedb.org for CDDB are having problems. freedb.org's severs are online but not responding. they should be functional again soon and when they are the CDDB in eJukebox's ripper will start working again.

SimonC

posted on 12-10-2007 at 08:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft

I've just finished a database rebuild using 4.90 Beta 3.
All of the Itunes ripped files are now appearing as they should do.

Many thanks for the speedy fix!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-11-2007 at 07:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great! Glad that did the trick.

CDDB Update...It looks like the cddb server eJukebox was using probably will not come back online. Good news is I have located an alternative server for CDDB and v4.90 beta 4's ripper is able to automatically find the disc info and track titles again.

rangur

posted on 12-14-2007 at 03:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was glad to hear there was a solution to the cddb problem, so I installed the 4.90 beta 4, but now the rip cd does not work at all, the same problem that was reported before...
If I try to access it from the tools menu nothing happens, and if I try to do it from the home page EJ just closes.

Any solution for this?
Thanks.
jojo

posted on 12-17-2007 at 08:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rippiing CD's

I've had a problem for some time now, trying to rip a CD. I had figured it was something unique to my system (Vista home Premium) that was preventing me from ripping. I can't seem to find any additional information on any settings I should adjust to make it work again. I keep hoping this problem gets addressed soon, but as of yet, I've never even heard a response from Audiosoft regarding this problem.

The thing is, I can't even tell where I've gone wrong with this. I go to "Rip a CD" it won't even access the drive, then on the botom (Status:) tells me "Playing" I never get the drive information to come up, let alone the CD info.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-17-2007 at 09:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi jojo,

I've just made a test with my own PC on Vista: you are right, the eJukebox cd ripper doesn't see my cd drive too! I think the ejukebox ripper is simply incompatible with the new vista system, until Audiosoft have worked on it again..

:cool: Pirk
jojo

posted on 12-17-2007 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CD Ripping with Vista

Thank you, Pirk,

Thank you for testing that, and letting me know it's not my system. I thought I was going crazy trying to remember what I forgot to set.
drewster98

posted on 12-18-2007 at 01:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I really don't think its a Vista issue. I can no longer rip a cd with my XP system. I've done a complete reinstallation and still nothing.
jojo

posted on 12-18-2007 at 05:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mine is a complete re-install of the OS (Vista) then EJ. I know it didn't work before the re-install either, but somehow figured it was my system mis-behaving.

I have only one other odd thing going on with my system, I have to set the IE7 compatibility issue, every time I re-boot the system.... That's getting frustrating to have to keep changing the same setup every time. What can I do to make it permenant? I've neever seen anything like this, even as admin I can't change it once and for all. (I decided to use my HTPC as suggested with a regular user account, since MS finally got the idea to give us admin access by using the admin passwords....
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-18-2007 at 06:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
jojo,

Have you considered disabling user accounts?
LINK: Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Windows Vista
Has anyone ever tried this?

jojo

posted on 12-18-2007 at 06:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UAC

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
jojo,

Have you considered disabling user accounts?
LINK: Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Windows Vista
Has anyone ever tried this?

I think I had that set on the previous setup of the htpc, but I will check and change that and get back to you on the issue.
jojo

posted on 12-18-2007 at 08:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UAC

Audiosoft,

I tried to turn the user access control off, it didn't matter in the least, still nada.
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 12-18-2007 at 02:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft,

The UAC is already off on my PC.

The cd ripper "just" doesn't see any cd drive type or letter in its selection box. The box is totally blank.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 12-19-2007 at 01:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pirk, the only reason i suggested disabling UAC to jojo was so that maybe his IE7 setting would stick. Did not expect that to change the ripper.

BTW I don't think eJukebox's ripper will work on Vista if you are using Vistas default cdrom drivers because they include restrictions on digital rights and have "improved" copy protection. :(

Pages:  1  2
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats