Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: 4.80 Play list time incorrect
Rankled

posted on 8-8-2007 at 01:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4.80 Play list time incorrect

The times in the play list are very incorrect. They are a fraction of the actual song duration. I checked the song duration time in the tag via the EJB edit tool and that information showed an accurate time and appeared to be accurate.

I haven't noticed it until today. I can't say with certainty that this just began since the 4.80 upgrade.

Attached is a screen shot. Or linky

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Bunker/bad_times_EJB.jpg

In a situation where seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Win7 Ultimate 64 bit, Dedicated EJukeBox PC, Processor:AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHZ CPU Quad core, MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-Mlx, Memory: 4 GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, Hard Disk: Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB, M-Audio 40 active monitors
Dyno Don

posted on 8-20-2007 at 03:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rankled,
You should see it witrh Videos. Wildly wrong. 58 minutes, etc for a 3 minute tune. With no "tags" to read, I assumed there is nothing for eJ to use, so it guesses. Some newbie users are afraid of how long they see the song is they picked and delete it tho. They see "Come Together" by the Beatles running 52 minutes and wonder what it must be..and delete it.

Don
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 8-20-2007 at 08:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The time estimates listed in the playlist are currently based on the file size and not audio/video file analysis. This is so that the playlist is able to be displayed/updated faster. The only thing I could do to make them accurate without slowing the playlist would be to save the time given by winamp or the internal player when songs/videos are played. So only after they are played once would the time will be accurate in the playlist for that song/video.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Karsten Fink

posted on 3-20-2008 at 12:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Funny. For a long time I believed that it was due to eJukebox being unable to display double-digit minutes in the duration column!

Reading an article by Konrad Windszus about the MPEG audio frame headers convinced me that this is not trivial (sorry, haven't been coding for more than 10 years) - but that a lot of research have been put into building algorithms which estimate duration fast. There ought to be code available to support this.

Anyway - and I guess that was my real point - would rather be without the column altogether if precision cannot be improved.

K.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats