Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Songs Skipped in Playlist
Doffie

puzzled.gif posted on 7-25-2007 at 05:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Songs Skipped in Playlist

Hi,

Something odd happening here. I place 10 songs in the play list and bunch of the songs get skipped. I thought it may be an issue with the mp3's so I did a test and reloaded the exact same songs. Now it skipped less but played some of the songs it skipped last time.
Tried with a complete new set of songs - same issue.
It seams random on which songs it skips.

Any ideas?

Doffie
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-25-2007 at 08:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
the problem could be that the internal player cannot play the file.....

You will get better audio file support if you set eJukebox to use winamp for playback. Try this:
DOWNLOAD and Install Winamp and then in eJukebox do Tools->Options->Sound Tab->Check Winamp for Playback method

If you are already using winamp with eJukebox make sure that any external or networked hard drives with music files are on and connected so that those files can be accessed and played.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doffie

posted on 7-26-2007 at 03:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft.

I am already using Winamp amd the files are stored on my system drive "c" . They are not stored on an external volume or networked drive

Regards
Doffie
rlailey

puzzled.gif posted on 7-26-2007 at 06:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bookmark playlist

I also have the same problem with the same setup, although I've tried using Bookmarks as opposed to playlists. The problem I've found is that if you add or remove items from the playlist (bookmarks) and this playlist is set as your Bookmark Play Mode, then these songs don't automatically appear (or disappear) from the list of songs played and you have to select another play mode and then select the playlist back again.

I've also found that when it gets to the end of the play list (Bookmarks) it just cycles through the last two songs each time. I've tried rebuilding my database to no avail.

This fault is very reproducable.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-26-2007 at 09:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rlailey,

When you click 'Load Bookmarks or Playlists' under Bookmark mode it reads in the current playlist file(s). After that it does not check for changes to those files...new songs etc. You need to do 'Load Bookmarks or Playlists' again after bookmarking a song to get it to see the song. That is the problem you are reporting correct?

For the next update, I will see if I can make eJukebox check for changes to the selected .pls files and automatically reload the songs in Bookmark mode.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doffie

posted on 7-27-2007 at 03:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi,

I am not loading any playlists per say nor am I using bookmarks. I am just selecting a bunch of songs which the queue up in the playing queue on the left hand side. If you watch it play through the list what happens is that as a song ends the next song that should start playing just dissappears and the following song gets queued up to start.

Doffie.
rlailey

posted on 7-27-2007 at 06:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Last two songs recycle at end of playlist

Hi Audiosoft, thanks for the update regarding the refresh of the playlist is required if modified. I was actually reporting two problems in one and now realise from Doffie's last post that our problems are different so I'll start a new thread.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats