Author: Subject: eJukebox 4.80 Released
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 6-30-2007 at 01:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox 4.80 Released

4.80 Updates: (Released July 19th)
-fixed playlist flickering
-fixed superedv.jpg skin element so that it works in widescreen mode
-made genre and year menus always work for the songlist instead of album list when open
-made widescreen option enabled by default for 1280 or higher
-fixed webpage viewing in widescreen cropping left of page
-enabled PNG elements in 'EJ Remix' skin and slightly reduced space between tracks in the songlist

4.79 Updates: (July 15th)
-more optimizations to get the display to update as fast as possible without flickering.
-new "always show duplicates" display option.
-now automatically breaks up words longer than 12 character in the artist list so that it will always be able to
wrap the text correctly.

4.78 Updates: (July 14th)
-prevents songlist flickering better when there is scrolling text is in now playing panel

4.77 Updates: (July 14th)
-Increased Overall Performance and reduced the time it takes to add a song to the playlist and for lists to show up
-New "Widescreen" display option (shifts the Artist List left when using 1280x or higher to reduce the left panel width) aka SuperEDV
-New "Shuffle" option on the playlist MENU button to automatically randomize the order of the songs in the playlist every time the next song starts playing
-made it so the display does not get refreshed until done resizing
-new superedv.jpg skin image supported for area over artist list when widescreen enabled.
-removed more flickering
-tons of speed tweaks and fixes.

4.74 Updates: (July 11th)
eJukebox Album Cover Image Handling now uses less CPU/Hard Drive.
-eJukebox looked up images are now added to the database faster.
-Greatly improved efficiency of id3 embedded/cover.jpg art image cache in eJukebox. .BMP files are no longer created/used/saved for the authoritative image which saves CPU time. Full quality JPG is now used for all images. Allows eJukebox to show those images faster using less hard drive time and about 10x less disk space.
-eJukebox will automatically create the new JPG cache from image data stored in the database when the id3 embedded image is needed so that a database rebuild is not required with this update.
-Database setup now creates the cached JPG images for id3 embedded/cover.jpg art on the fly without using any extra processing time over v4.73. This Pre-Loads those images so they do not need to be extracted from the database the first time they are displayed. This makes overall performance and albumlist creation after database setup/update much faster.

4.73 Updates: (July 10th)
-Ctrl+Alt+Del now totally blocked when in kiosk mode
-fixed new png skin elements so they stay ontop and do not disappear
-fixed visorcar.png in skin not showing up on eJukebox startup
-fixed desktop icons flickering when the song changes while eJukebox is minimized or songchange popup is shown
-fixed it so the eJukebox taskbar icon no longer flickers with the onClick animation effect. Taskbar flickering (temporary loss of focus) no longer occurs when you click something to update/load a list in eJukebox or add a song to the playlist.

4.71 Updates:
-fixed eJukebox flickering in the taskbar/stealing focus and GDI resources when using a skin with a visorcar.png such as eJ_Crimson33
-fixed taskbar flickering when artistlist up/down png's are moused over
-made CTRL+W alway launch the winamp visualization (instead of the menu) when winamp is running

To install the v4.80 upgrade:
Shutdown eJukebox and then download and run the upgrade located HERE

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spaca

posted on 7-4-2007 at 09:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
-fixed eJukebox flickering in the taskbar/stealing focus and GDI resources when using a skin with a visorcar.png such as eJ_Crimson33
-fixed taskbar flickering when artistlist up/down png's are moused over
Thank you for this important update! Flickering was very irritating. ;)
Fishy

posted on 7-11-2007 at 10:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft: The improvements in 4.74 sound very, very interesting :) Should I carry out a rebuild, in order to get full effect from the performance tweaks? Thanks for this update.

edit: ok, now I read the last point in the upgrade notes. No rebuild needed. 4.74 seems like a very stable release, it behaves like a rocket :)

One bug I have noticed though (I think it may have been around for a while) is that the "next" button downmost in large songlist displays do not work sometimes.

This tend to happen when I access the songlist from a artistname in the albumlist. When I press the name of the artist top left in the songlist and it reloads, then "next" works ok and the songlist page flips. Is there something in the code that may explain this behaviour?

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-11-2007 at 10:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Aha.. sounds great Audiosoft, if you have improved even better cover image handling in 4.74. :)

Thanks a lot.

:cool: Pirk
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-14-2007 at 05:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
4.77 is up. I plan on updating the official setup and upgrade installers by monday. Until then you can grab the ejukebox.exe download at the end of the first post to manually install it.
I hope you like the new improvements. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

The new "WideScreen" display option is enabled by default for screens over 1280 width. When the option is checked it will shift the artist list to increase the overall width on 1280 or higher when the artist list is open.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 7-14-2007 at 10:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow! Audiosoft! Thanks a lot for the new Super EDV mode! :cool:

I see you have added a nice "trick" on the Top graphic when in super edv mode. I don't know how you made that, but it works good! Bravo! :)

I promise to post a new version of my skin as soon as possible, but I was very busy all this week..

Thanks.

:cool: Pirk
Fishy

posted on 7-14-2007 at 05:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thank you for this. The superedv mode is slick, at last there is enough room to have the albumlist, artistlist and nowplaying/playlist displayed at once. Can't wait to test it on a widescreen setup :)

-----------
Fishy
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Fishy's ICQ status
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-19-2007 at 06:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
eJukebox v4.80 is now available for download from Audiosoft.Net

Dragon_slayer

posted on 7-21-2007 at 12:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I’m having problems with this build. Instead of the albums being grouped under artist headings they are being displayed like compilations as one unbroken mass.
crlove

posted on 7-21-2007 at 06:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
go to Album Screen >> options >> Uncheck - "Do not Seperate Albums by Artists
'
Dragon_slayer

posted on 7-23-2007 at 08:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still having problems, the arrow that was beneath the bottom right corner of each album is missing so I have no way of selecting an album.

I’ve also been having a problem with the eJukebox not closing down properly. The problem seems to be that the BITSUMIS file located in eJukebox/images/EJ Remix folders is still in use.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-23-2007 at 09:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To get the play album arrows back...Click the Album List "Options" button -> Uncheck "Hide Album Text" and refresh the album list.

jackla

puzzled.gif posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After upgrading the latest version 4.8, I have problem with runing Ejuxebox. Every time I'm trying to open the program it's shutting down after loading. I have no idea what there's wrong???
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
jackla,

any error messages?
What version of Windows are you using?

jackla

posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No error message.

I'm using win2K.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2007 at 10:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can you be more specific as to what happens? Does it just disappear? If so..when? Do you ever see the main interface?

jackla

posted on 7-24-2007 at 01:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
After Ejuxebox is finish loading, I just see the main interface and then it disapear again. Winamp contunie playing but songs are not changing.

I don't know how more specific I can be, because nothing else happens.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-24-2007 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Have you tried running the v4.8 full install? It will restore your database and settings and make sure you have all the required files. First, shutdown eJukebox then DOWNLOAD and install into the same folder.

Dragon_slayer

posted on 7-25-2007 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is this an experimental build? I just don’t see where you’re going with this one; it seems a lot less user friendly.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 7-25-2007 at 01:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dragon_slayer,

Less user friendly? how so? I guess I will change those album list options back to the way they were before...but what else?
What is wrong? EJ Remix no good? Which skin do you prefer? Give me some more feedback.

jackla

posted on 7-25-2007 at 09:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes, I have already tried to install the full version, nothing change...

Is't possible for me to download the previous version?
Dragon_slayer

posted on 7-25-2007 at 05:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was referring to the album list options. I could easily see future potential adopters being put off by the lack of ability to choose an album. I know the option’s there to change this but the uninitiated aren’t necessarily going to realize this or even be willing to rake through forums trying to find a solution to this problem.

Personally I like the default skin. My dream skin, however, would be something similar to the Tron picture below with fluro blues, the glowing effect and the same sort of art styles. That would be cool. Whether the technology’s there to create it I’m not sure.

From a more practical standpoint I’m still having problems with the ejukebox not displaying the music video dates in brackets in the now playing window, unless I go and retag each individual one. It would be great if you could fix this.
For mp3s maybe add an option to display the date in brackets (taken from the mp3 tag) of the album/song while playing.
Dragon_slayer

posted on 7-25-2007 at 06:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
-

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats