Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Double Shortcuts
rllercstr7

posted on 5-19-2007 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Double Shortcuts

Audiosoft when I try using the crtl+p shortcut with eJukebox to play/pause sometimes a print dialogue pops up in addition to eJukebox playing or pausing the song. I assume this is because in internet explorer ctrl+p is the shortcut to print. Can you possibly change the shortcut used or figure out how to disable the printer dialogue from coming up when ctrl+p is pressed. Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-19-2007 at 05:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make sure the "Disable Keyboard Shortcuts" option on the OTHER tab is unchecked. Then if you are still getting the print dialogs get back to me and let me know if you are using XP or Vista?

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 5-20-2007 at 05:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft. I will let you know if that solves the issue as the box was uncheck.
rllercstr7

posted on 5-20-2007 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft when I choose that option the eJukebox shortcuts, which I need working stopped working. That did not solve the issue. I need the internet explorer shortcut for print disabled while leaving the eJukebox shortcuts functional. Thanks!
rllercstr7

posted on 5-22-2007 at 04:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Audiosoft can you please take a look at this. It looks rather odd when a printer dialogue pops up out of the blue on my TV screen. Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-22-2007 at 04:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
make sure to uncheck that option. the shortcuts should work and you should not see printer dialogs. if you see printer dialogs make sure your antivirus is not blocking eJukebox from hooking keystrokes. eJukebox will not be able to block CTRL+P from spawning the print dialogs if your antivirus software is restricting ejukebox.exe.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 5-22-2007 at 04:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That still did not solve the issue Audiosoft. I made an exception for ejukebox.exe in my antivirus, Avast, first. I made sure disable shortcuts was unchecked and then tested. I pressed ctrl+p on and off about every 30 seconds and it seems that about 1 out of 3 keypresses the print dialogue appears. So sometimes it is blocked, but sometimes eJukebox fails to block the dialogue. I appreciate your help. Thanks Audiosoft!
rllercstr7

posted on 5-24-2007 at 03:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hi Audiosoft,
Any progress on this problem? I would really appreciate a fix in the next few days if it is possible. Thanks
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-24-2007 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
rllercstr7,

eJukebox is already coded to block CTRL+P from showing the print dialogs. i will look into it more but have yet to get the print dialogs to popup like you are experiencing....what version of windows are you using? anyone else having this problem? If you want I can make CTRL+something else do the same thing to avoid the print problem. Also if you have a media keyboard |>/II on the keyboard should already do this.

rllercstr7

posted on 5-25-2007 at 04:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am using Windows XP Home Edition. Some way to change that shortcut would probably be the easiest way to solve the problem as you mentioned. As for the keys on the media keyboard for some reason Logitech must not use the Microsoft standard and they only partially work, but I'm not really worried about that.

The box running XP Home is currently on trial until I am sure all the bugs are worked out, but I have tested with my other PC that eJukebox has been running on previously and am also unable to recreate the bug. Both PCs do have the same antivirus so that shouldn't be the problem. Let me know if I can give you any more info to try and solve the problem.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats