Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Nice work, Audiosoft!!!!
jojo

eureka.gif posted on 5-13-2007 at 12:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nice work, Audiosoft!!!!

OMG ! I'm so glad the project is back in development! Nice work on the new versions!

I have a small question though, Many of my albums are coming in by their "Track number" as the artist ? Ugh, something has moved music files again.... (Guessing here!) What format do they need to be?> I'm thinking they are all WMA files on my system, at least they seem to be, does it not read tags in wma files?
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-13-2007 at 09:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks jojo,

Check out the eJukebox v4.59 Download under Latest Updates

v4.59 adds .WMA read support when importing files. So if you do a Rebuild Folder or the Database you should now get the wma tag data in eJukebox. Let me know how it goes. eJukebox can't save to wma yet but the read support is pretty good and includes artist, title, album, year and track number.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ianhow

posted on 5-13-2007 at 04:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On a similar note. I tend to use the ogg format, and whilst the program plays the files fine, I too get The track number imported as the artist name.

Do you plan to implement full support for ogg tags.

This is important factor in whether I purchase the software, or not.

Many thanks

Ian
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-13-2007 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like to add support for as many file types as possible. OGG is next on this list.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jojo

posted on 5-14-2007 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Right on !!!

Thank you so much ! I just finished the re-do of the database to see if that did it. I was in process of converting the WMA's to mp3, which would have been fine too.... but this option is so much better.;):D

And, on a similar note, how about Audio Scrobbler ? does that work in the internal mode? or any ideas on that one? I sort of fell in love with that ability of the other player I've been using.
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger jojo's Yahoo
jojo

posted on 5-14-2007 at 03:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Uh-Oh....

Well, I must have a few WMA's that don't have tags :( Still a few strange results, some are the track as the artist, or the track title is artist. What order should I re-arange (I know you told me a loooong time ago, but can't remember). Then others have artist as title, and title as artist, album ?? <ugh!> :)
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-14-2007 at 03:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

scrobbler...sort of fell in love with that ability
What ability is that? It is probably possible to incorporate data from their XML service into eJukebox. I am just not sure what eJukebox would use their data for. I will have to look into this some more. Maybe you can give me some ideas on how it should work in eJukebox.

Just to clarify...were your .wma's "that have tags" added to the database correctly?

For files "without tags" eJukebox works best if the files are named like this:
artist - title.???
or
track# - artist - title.???

Also, if you include a cover.jpg or folder.jpg in the album's folder it will use it for the cover art and it will use the folder name for the Album name. The Year will also get imported if you include it in parenthesis in the album's folder name: "Album Name (2007)".

jojo

posted on 5-14-2007 at 03:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
Quote:

scrobbler...sort of fell in love with that ability
What ability is that? It is probably possible to incorporate data from their XML service into eJukebox. I am just not sure what eJukebox would use their data for. I will have to look into this some more. Maybe you can give me some ideas on how it should work in eJukebox.

Just to clarify...were your .wma's "that have tags" added to the database correctly?

Thanks for the info on the filenames :)

As for Audio Scrobler, to submit currently playing would be a must.

How to use it, my other player has a plugin that checks last.fm site for "similar" artists to the artist playing now, then checks it against artists/tracks you have in your library and offers up (in the playlist 1 to x number of tracks to play based on that search of artists info. (x= a number usually 5 or less, could be more, of tracks that return from last.fm)

jojo
Ianhow

posted on 5-14-2007 at 11:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Audiosoft
I would like to add support for as many file types as possible. OGG is next on this list.

Excellent news, I'm a purchaser as soon as it is implemented satisfactorily.

Any chance before my trial runs out in three weeks time.

Keep up the good work.

Ian
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats