Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: I like to play videos but....
Dyno Don

posted on 5-1-2007 at 07:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like to play videos but....

I can't make Windows Media Player stay full screen video on a second monitor. It changes to the real size of any video I play. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Don
Pirk
Posting Freak

posted on 5-1-2007 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don, have you tried to listen to the Radio in eJ? Because I get a white screen after that... :P

:cool: Pirk
rllercstr7

posted on 5-1-2007 at 09:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow Don, I never realized You could mirror the video like that on an output device. I also have an Nvidia card, but playback with WMP actually works correctly and my videos are staying fullscreen on my secondary monitor. My card is a Geforce 7900GT and using Forceware version 93.71. In my video card options the option is refered to as "Full Screen Video". I don't know if it would make any difference at all, but the files I am playing are .wmv videos. I hope that helps you out, but it does work correctlt on my system so it is possible.

Also forgot to mention that my settings for zoom control on the nvidia settings has video mirror selected.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-2-2007 at 03:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dyno Don,

Not sure why the videos are not working for you on the second monitor. Does it stretch the WMP video correctly when you resize the window in eJukebox? Can you resize it over the entire 2nd monitor? If you can use it like that I could add an option to not make it snap back to the now playing cover when the next video is played that way it would always use your last window size and position.

Then again maybe you should just use winamp since it works for your 2nd monitor. May I suggest that you turn off multiple winamp instances...only have one winamp installation...then just run your audio or video eJukebox...making sure that the "Do not close Winamp on Exit" option under the Other tab is unchecked. That should get rid of any possibility of crosstalk between the eJukeboxes.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dyno Don

posted on 5-2-2007 at 01:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have it working!

The real issue was that my TV is a HD monitor and I was driving it with a component cable at 1080i. The TV held the video cropped to a "pillarboxed" image. The TV would not let the video stretch. By dumbing down the signal from the video card to standard 480i I could then configure the TV to do the stretch on it's own. Works like a charm. The videos play in both the now playing window and full screen in the tv next to it. We didn't give it a LONG test as the Warriors game was on last night. But it looks fine. The only small issue is that between song changes wmp closes the window on the tv and you can see the wallpaper for a second. Making the wallpaper BLACK fixes that, but it is an unpleasant wallpaper for day to day use.

Don
rllercstr7

posted on 5-2-2007 at 02:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Don, glad you were able to figure it out!

Audiosoft what about the option to play videos in WMP and audio in Winamp. I would really appreciate it if you could do something like that for the next version. Thanks!
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 5-7-2007 at 08:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quote:

what about the option to play videos in WMP and audio in Winamp. I would really appreciate it if you could do something like that for the next version. Thanks!

rllercstr7,
Check out v4.58 under Latest Updates! :o
It has a new option under the Sound tab to "Use Internal Player for Video". When enabled eJukebox will use Winamp for audio files and the Internal Player inside eJukebox for videos.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rllercstr7

posted on 5-8-2007 at 04:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great Audiosoft!

Thanks for getting that in so fast :D
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats