Audiosoft Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Big Vista problems
blackcat

posted on 3-11-2007 at 09:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Big Vista problems

I'm having big problems installing eJukebox 4.2 in Windows Vista.

eJukebox hangs at the start up screen. On the occasions that it has loaded, a lot of the graphics are missing.

I've tried changing skins to try and correct the graphics, but this has hung also.

I've tried a full re-install, but still getting the same errors.

I'm now getting the error message Run-time error 53:

File Not Found: C:\Program Files\eJukebox\images\bitsumo_v2_red\nocover.jpg

This file does however exist in this directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:-

The skin I have had a little success with is the SilvertuneZ skin. However when this loads I cannot get rid of the Internet Radio artist and I cannot see any covers.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 10:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sounds like you are experiencing the GDI resource leak bug caused by some of the buttons in v4.2. Good news is this was fixed in one of the v4.3 betas.

Try this:

1. Shutdown eJukebox
2. Delete C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.ini
3. Replace C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe with the v4.3 beta 8 ejukebox.exe that you can download under Latest Updates in the Forums.
4. run the beta 8 C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe

Should fix most of the problems. Let me know which ones still persist with v4.3 beta 8. If you still run into problems try right clicking C:\Program Files\eJukebox\ejukebox.exe and selecting 'run as administrator'.

:cool: Audiosoft
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackcat

posted on 3-11-2007 at 11:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft - that fixed my main problem.

I'm having problems with the new version of winamp v5.33. Using winamp the artist appears as Internet Radio with no cover. Everything returns to normal when I switch to Media Player. I'd prefer to use Winamp.

The skin I'm still having problems with is Blue_J2 which hangs the system when I switch to that skin.

Many thanks
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 12:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So every song says internet radio when you play it when using eJukebox with winamp? Can you get it to play a song by clicking the play icon in the songlist? Does it still say internet radio?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blackcat

posted on 3-11-2007 at 01:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes - I've tried everything, including clicking the play icon in the songlist. Everytime I get internet radio.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-11-2007 at 01:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm...I will look into it. Is your music on a local or remote hard drive? Are you using any new winamp plugins?

blackcat

posted on 3-11-2007 at 02:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My music is stored on an internal hard drive and I disabled all plugins. I've tried re-installing winamp but the problem still exists.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-12-2007 at 12:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OK. Good news. I have fixed the Vista problems with Beta 9 which you can download here: http://www.audiosoft.net/forums/viewthread.php?tid=2049

Turns out that under Vista sometimes Winamp's playlist output is located at a different path. This caused eJukebox to not be able to match up a song in its database to what was playing in winamp. Beta 9 will take care of it.

Also, let me know if you still have trouble loading the BlueJ 2 skin under Beta 9.

blackcat

posted on 3-12-2007 at 08:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Unfortunately that hasn't solved my problems.

I think I may know what is causing my problems. When I run eJukebox by right clicking and using "run as administrator" it opens a completely different version of eJukebox with only 1 album. In this "version" I can use winamp.

However when I run eJukebox normally it opens my full database with my full list of albums (and a totally different skin) with the winamp internet radio bug.

Is it possible I have two copies of eJukebox on my system? I only have one eJukebox folder in Program Files.
Audiosoft
Super Administrator

posted on 3-13-2007 at 01:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe change your Vista user account to be an administrator or Run as Adminstrator and then rebuild the eJukebox database if you songs are not in the database. If they are actually in the database you probably just need to refresh the album list and artistlist.

blackcat

posted on 3-13-2007 at 08:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks Audiosoft. I think I've got it to work now. Had big problems with folders on Vista and deleted all instances of ejukebox and winamp and did a complete reinstallation of both programs. I'm finding that Vista doesn't always download files from websites in full and some of my skins were missing some files.

Your help was much appreciated. Thanks again.
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

Audiosoft Home | Download EJukebox for Windows | Register EJukebox
©2019 Audiosoft Network. All rights reserved.
[queries: 16]
HTML5 Color Picker for CSS Opacity
Short Url Service with Stats